Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy! >

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Hi!

Im looking for a great truggy for top seriouse racing. I just stoped driving motocross which has been my life for last 21 years. I will put all my spare time and money into this sport and i need YOUR advice on a great truggy + specs. Money is no issue so all advices are welcome. all your tips and tricks are welcome also
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I undeleted this one, just try to be more patient, don't double post. If none of us spot it after awhile, just try send one of us mods a PM & we'll get to it asap, & before long at all, you won't need mod approvals....
Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I undeleted this one, just try to be more patient, don't double post. If none of us spot it after awhile, just try send one of us mods a PM & we'll get to it asap, & before long at all, you won't need mod approvals....
correct.. i generally check every day but i was out of town racing.. thank grizz for helping out..

as for truggy's...
serpent my choice..
losi 2.0
kyosho
associated
xray
mugen
hot bodies
all very good truggy's.. you wont go wrong with any of them.. jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-28-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added
Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by walfrid
Hi!

Im looking for a great truggy for top seriouse racing. I just stoped driving motocross which has been my life for last 21 years. I will put all my spare time and money into this sport and i need YOUR advice on a great truggy + specs. Money is no issue so all advices are welcome. all your tips and tricks are welcome also
most truggies out now are top notch, you will get many many opinions here and really wont help you decide on one, i would just go through differnt threads here and start reading. Losi, Mugen, D8T, associated, kyosho, serpent, are your main options, cheapest is D8T most expensive is kyosho.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by D-MAIN
most truggies out now are top notch, you will get many many opinions here and really wont help you decide on one, i would just go through differnt threads here and start reading. Losi, Mugen, D8T, associated, kyosho, serpent, are your main options, cheapest is D8T most expensive is kyosho.
True, what im thinking of is which truggy i have to change most parts on and which truggy who has the best parts etc? Atm it feels like i could just pick one truggy from the names you just named and be satified with it. Is there any new truggys coming out now in 2012 that is worth waiting for?

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
correct.. i generally check every day but i was out of town racing.. thank grizz for helping out..

as for truggy's...
serpent my choice..
losi 2.0
kyosho
associated
xray
mugen
hot bodies
all very good truggy's.. you wont go wrong with any of them.. jeremy
I saw a youtube clip on a guy driving his serpent and it did look so smooth! same when i looked at the other pro drivers driving there truggys .

Do you ppl know a good shop to order from? parts and the truggy? Im from sweden so i will have to order most of my stuff from the US i think.

And for the Moderators, yeah i just wanted to get a fast answer to be able to post here and get advice , me bad. Great work on the site tho i really like it so far!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Try Amainhobbies , they offer discount codes. Two truggies that should be out in awhile are the Agama A8T and Durango DNX408T . Lutz made that Durango look mean Also try Maxbashing forum..
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You really can't go wrong with the choices listed above. I've ran Hotbodies for about 2 years now and love the truggy. I just started building a Serpent truggy yesterday so I can't say much about it yet other than the parts quality and support from Serpent America has been nothing short of outstanding.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I hate to say it, but you would be much better off getting a buggy if you are looking for competition. Also, if you are going to take it as seriously as you did MX, getting a buggy and driving it will make you a much better driver overall than just driving a truggy. Buggy classes are normally 2-3 times the size of the truggy classes so you will never have to worry about having someone to race.

I come from an MX background as well. Raced RC when I was out of MX with an injury or when I rarely had any free time. Ended up getting back into RC full time when I quit MX a few years ago. I am having a blast!

If you are stuck on a truggy, look at the any of the top names. They are all good. Durango has their truggy that will be out LATE this year or early next year. Other than that the class is pretty much set.

If you are interested in looking at buggies, there are a ton of options. All of the big players have a car in the class, but there are a few upstart brands that offer not only a ton of bang for your buck, but also a ton of performance.

SWorkz is what I drive. And the car is awesome. Super durable, tons of option parts in the box (carbon top plate and radio tray, billet chassis braces), a lot of tuning options in the box (spring sets, sway bar sets, etc.), Very easy to drive, and consistently fast from track to track so I don't have to waste half a day chasing setup. I love it!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

TLR 8ight T 2.0 ------ Awesome Support. Awesome Truck.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ex Motocrosser here myself. If you don't mind spending more look into the new Kyosho st-rr EVO. Haven't rode mine yet but have seen many of these kick arse on the track. I'm almost done building mine and let me tell ya the quality and durability is top notch.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

One thing to add, just like MX racing, you should have a race vehicle and a practice vehicle. Have them set up the exact same, just keep one "fresh" for when you race.

Also gives you guaranteed spare parts when something breaks and makes testing easier and quicker (2x shock sets, 2x diff sets, etc).

If money were no object:
Kyosho Inferno ST-RR EVO X2
Novarossi Bonito engine X2 (modded by Clockworks Racing)
HiTec high voltage servos on lipo battery X4
Whatever radio system feels best and can handle lipo receiver batteries

(still cheaper than a new race ready MX bike)
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ShadowX
Ex Motocrosser here myself. If you don't mind spending more look into the new Kyosho st-rr EVO. Haven't rode mine yet but have seen many of these kick arse on the track. I'm almost done building mine and let me tell ya the quality and durability is top notch.
Sounds good! Ive been looking a lot on the kyosho so it might be the truck i will order.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the Losi Ten T and it is awesome. The included radio is worth the price of entry. I have had mine for about a year now with absolutely no problems whatsoever. The thing is wickedly fast and built like a tank.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Precision1
One thing to add, just like MX racing, you should have a race vehicle and a practice vehicle. Have them set up the exact same, just keep one "fresh" for when you race.

Also gives you guaranteed spare parts when something breaks and makes testing easier and quicker (2x shock sets, 2x diff sets, etc).

If money were no object:
Kyosho Inferno ST-RR EVO X2
Novarossi Bonito engine X2 (modded by Clockworks Racing)
HiTec high voltage servos on lipo battery X4
Whatever radio system feels best and can handle lipo receiver batteries

(still cheaper than a new race ready MX bike)
You are absolutely right with 2 cars but now from the satrt i will use one for practicing and then when im ready for racing i will get the 2nd one but yeah its stil A LOT cheaper then MX
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

I dont know alot of racers that have 2 of each car.... Its really expensive even for alot of the team drivers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.