Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 7 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper 7 upgrade

I was after a bit of advice on upgrading my Hyper 7. I bought it as an RTR and it has served me well. It needs a new engine and I was weighing up the option of buying a losi 8eight buggy RTR instead of upgrading the Hyper. The rtr losi seems to be great value however I am a bit worried about the quality of the servos, starter box, shock towers that come with the rtr. Once you rip out the cheap stuff on the rtr's you end up spending way more than you anticipate.

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on the quality of the losi rtr or a better option for around the same money, I am happy to buy a kit also.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi there, I bought a losi 8ight 2.0, rtr brand new a few years ago. The main thing to change is servos, but they may of improved since I bought mine. The start box is identical to the losi race box, except the top isn't the quick change top for buggy/truggy. The engine is alright as well. And to be honest, I am still running the original shock towers 3 years later.