Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultra lx2 setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ultra lx2 setup

What weights are people using in their diif's? I know that one of the first things to do with an lx2 is to change out the dif grease for oil, but what weight should I start out with for the front, center, and rear diif's? I've already changed out the servos, I had my steering servo go haywire before the motor was even broken in. I've also put in a lipo reciever batt pack. I've got the steering dialed in close to where I want it, I think the only thing else I'm not happy with is how soft the suspension is, very easy to bottom out and way too much body roll and not enough turning capabilities under acceleration. My guess is to change out the rear springs to hard and the front to medium, but what would be a good oil weight for them? I'm not racing, just having fun at the local construction sites

Any other "must do's" for the lx2?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bump
Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

5k front/7k center/2k rear for diff oils. Sand the diff cups in a figure 8 pattern with some sand paper on a super flat surface. They don't like to seal very well. Ride height for racing is supposed to have chassis slap and is supposed to bottom out. But for bashing, you can crank the ride height up as high as you want I suppose...I would go with harder springs or adjust the ride height if you haven't already. You can also go up in shock oil weight. For your lipo receiver pack, do you have a battery regulator? More then likely you will need on, or else you will fry your reciever. One more tip, if you want more steering, take a dremmel with a medium grit sanding barrel, and sand off the steering stop on the front suspension arms. This will gain you more range of motion. Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dude, kick ass tips, thank you!