R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrangelove View Post
Hi Guys,

I know the track well. Even though it's not our local track I've practiced on that track often. The tires they run there are Impact and iBeam. Impact being the favorite but for myself, I get better results with iBeam. I know what tires needed, it just should I bring 2 sets or 1 sets of each in different compound. I'm also racing truggy so if I were to bring two sets for each plus the truggy tires it get way too many. That exclude the rest of the stuff that I have to bring.

One of the guy earlier highlighted something very important, the total run time for the race is not more than 45 mins thus running one set would be good enough. At least I have the ibeam and impact to play with.

I've tested Gridiron and cityblock on that track and it is definitely not working. No grip at all for gridiron and cityblock slightly better than gridiron. So I'm confident I won't come to the situation of "why didn't I bring gridiron or city block" kind of situation :ioi: But I will be bringing lots of spare parts though, lots of them :ioi:
2 sets, one for main, one for quals

Depending on tire wear, you may beable to use one set....
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
2 sets, one for main, one for quals

Depending on tire wear, you may beable to use one set....
I hope the tires are not done after that... I run a set of soft gridirons for a month here. Quals and mains. Occasionally i'll run Enduros with the same results. I have eaten up a set of M3 Holeshots in 3 tanks though. I was not happy
Fear Farm Raceway
JoePit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I know the track well. Even though it's not our local track I've practiced on that track often. The tires they run there are Impact and iBeam. Impact being the favorite but for myself, I get better results with iBeam. I know what tires needed, it just should I bring 2 sets or 1 sets of each in different compound. I'm also racing truggy so if I were to bring two sets for each plus the truggy tires it get way too many. That exclude the rest of the stuff that I have to bring.

One of the guy earlier highlighted something very important, the total run time for the race is not more than 45 mins thus running one set would be good enough. At least I have the ibeam and impact to play with.

I've tested Gridiron and cityblock on that track and it is definitely not working. No grip at all for gridiron and cityblock slightly better than gridiron. So I'm confident I won't come to the situation of "why didn't I bring gridiron or city block" kind of situation :ioi: But I will be bringing lots of spare parts though, lots of them :ioi:

Hey Amran, Youyi here. I woulld recommend u bring just 3 sets of tires for 2molo's race. 3 diff sets for all ur 3 heats. That way, u would get a good feel of them and find which suits ur driving style better. One point to note is that not all recommended tires from other drivers are suitable for diff driver's driving style. So sticking to what ur comfortable and working from there to fine tune ur settings makes it an easier and better choice IMHO. Since ur comfortable with iBeams, run them for 2 heats. One soft and one super soft. And another, impacts. Den select one for ur finals. When u bump up, rotate them and stick to the same set.

One more to note, iBeams could be great if the weather gets wet. So that's another + on ur already "happy-with" tires..

As for truggy, I'm running iBeams and cityblocks. With the latter being a slight preference.

All these, with reference to JB track where we're racing. Hope they will prove useful for u..
yoggyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Bro,

Nice to see you here. Yap, always useful to get info from fast driver who are running on the same track . I'm bringing 1 set for each compound (M, S, SS) so I should have myself covered .

Interesting to know you are running CityBlock on your rear for truggy. Might give that a try when I go for practice next time. Just to have a feel of it.

I did try running iBeam front and Cityblock rear on the buggy but I feel the rear way too lose with Cityblock.

Have you ever run medium compound on that track bro? Based on AKA data, medium work well when it gets hot and blue groove (for Impact).

Cheers and see you there tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoggyong View Post
Hey Amran, Youyi here. I woulld recommend u bring just 3 sets of tires for 2molo's race. 3 diff sets for all ur 3 heats. That way, u would get a good feel of them and find which suits ur driving style better. One point to note is that not all recommended tires from other drivers are suitable for diff driver's driving style. So sticking to what ur comfortable and working from there to fine tune ur settings makes it an easier and better choice IMHO. Since ur comfortable with iBeams, run them for 2 heats. One soft and one super soft. And another, impacts. Den select one for ur finals. When u bump up, rotate them and stick to the same set.

One more to note, iBeams could be great if the weather gets wet. So that's another + on ur already "happy-with" tires..

As for truggy, I'm running iBeams and cityblocks. With the latter being a slight preference.

All these, with reference to JB track where we're racing. Hope they will prove useful for u..
Old 07-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Got me wrong bro.. I ran either full iBeams or full cityblocks on my truck. If I mix them, it's crossbrace front and iBeams rear but this is on a buggy. Use medium for impacts if u find there's too much side traction. But since u like iBeams, u could just stay with it first. Playing with too much diff stuffs would throw u into confusion. Stay with something ur comfortable with, den fine tune from there.

Quote:
Hey Bro,

Nice to see you here. Yap, always useful to get info from fast driver who are running on the same track . I'm bringing 1 set for each compound (M, S, SS) so I should have myself covered .

Interesting to know you are running CityBlock on your rear for truggy. Might give that a try when I go for practice next time. Just to have a feel of it.

I did try running iBeam front and Cityblock rear on the buggy but I feel the rear way too lose with Cityblock.

Have you ever run medium compound on that track bro? Based on AKA data, medium work well when it gets hot and blue groove (for Impact).

Cheers and see you there tomorrow!
yoggyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #36
xax
Tech Apprentice

HI Amran bring all your tires so i can go over n choose tomorrow.
xax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Oh, got it now. Thanks for the advice bro. Seeya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoggyong View Post
Got me wrong bro.. I ran either full iBeams or full cityblocks on my truck. If I mix them, it's crossbrace front and iBeams rear but this is on a buggy. Use medium for impacts if u find there's too much side traction. But since u like iBeams, u could just stay with it first. Playing with too much diff stuffs would throw u into confusion. Stay with something ur comfortable with, den fine tune from there.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Bring along your $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by xax View Post
HI Amran bring all your tires so i can go over n choose tomorrow.