R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Arrow Team Durango DNX408-V2

I currently have a losi eight and was wandering, well first i havent heard anything about this new car, anyone have seen it in action or ran it?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71schaeffer View Post
I currently have a losi eight and was wandering, well first i havent heard anything about this new car, anyone have seen it in action or ran it?
See the Durango thread, 1000's of posts there to read all about it.
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Tech Addict

k thanks, doesnt durango have the same shocks basicly as losi?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
The differences between a V1 and V2 DNX408 are very minimal. New tank, new wing mounts, new receiver box, and a couple other parts that are not major. Not really enough changes to warrant a new thread. Most people are running the few V2 parts worth upgrading to, basically everyone is already running a V2. In fact I am willing to bet if you were to see a picture of a V1 and V2 side by side, you personally would not be able to tell the difference. That being said, here are the 3 major changes and why.

New tank is clear instead of smoke colored plastic, and has the pressure fitting on the tank lid instead of the side of the tank. Durango did this because of pressurization issues that caused inconsistent tuning of the engine.

The new wing mounts have 2 sets of rear adjustment holes as opposed to 5. The 5 holes were so close together that in the event of a hard crash. The wing mounts would blow through to the next hole.

The new receiver box added a hinged door for battery removal and a bit of extra clearance for the rear drive shaft.

I went ahead and put the V2 tank on my brand new V1, because I could not easily solve the pressurization issues my self.

I filled 3 of the 5 adjustment holes on my V1 wing mount with JBWeld, thus emulating the V2 mount exactly.

I made my own clearance for the drive shaft on my V1 receiver box. I don't really mind taking 3 screws out to get to the battery, not to mention I have a charge lead outside the box anyway. Also, after all the modification I have done to the receiver box to help the servo overheating issue. I don't ever see myself changing to the V2 receiver box.

Quote:
k thanks, doesnt durango have the same shocks basicly as losi?
How the shocks go together is very much the same. I can't speak for the fit and finish on the Losi, but the Durango stuff is top notch. I also can't say if the dimensions of the parts are simular, but I can't imagine they would be drastically different.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Ok thanks man, the reason i started this thread people on TDR website said the difference was very noticable. Were it was i didnt know so i happened to make this, the reason i wanted to know about the shocks is because i personally love the TDR shocks, there nice looking and i seen how they go together.... pretty amazing is how

thanks