R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default buggy losing elecs.

hey all. i just got an ofna Lx buggy in trade. i went to run it for the first time, and after about 7-8 mins of runnin, i lost most of the power to the throttle & steering. they barely worked all of a sudden. after shutting the car down and taking it inside, about 1 min later, everything worked again. i had fresh AA's for the "receiver". reason why i'm using them is because i didn't swap out the "switch" to match my NiMH batts yet.
normally i'd just bypass the switch, use a NiMH and unplug it from the receiver when i'm done playing. but this car stores the batt in a receiver case under the receiver.

the carb cylinder was a little gunked up, and hard to slide in and out at first. after about 10-20 secs of running the engine, lubricating the carb(via the radio), everything was smooth and responsive. could the sticky carb in the beginning have heated the batts to the point where they were too weak? i realize AA batts probably don't have a high burst rate. or could it be the receiver malfunctioning? the batts in the radio are fresh also. i'm hoping once i start using a fully charged NiMH in this car, and clean the carb, everything will be fine. what do ya'll think?