Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Comparison!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Truggy Comparison!!!!!

Hey guys I have a revo right now and looking to switch from monster truck to the truggy class. I didnt kno what kind of truggy to look to buy. I was hoping that if anyone had any experience. I've really been lookin at the losi 8ight T 2.0, the new Agama truggy, the Durango DNX408T but im considering all of the choices. Im having a really hard time deciding. I'm hoping to get some insight on different truggys (width, length, wieght, horsepower, etc.) especially if someone has had experience with more than one and can compare. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_B
Hey guys I have a revo right now and looking to switch from monster truck to the truggy class. I didnt kno what kind of truggy to look to buy. I was hoping that if anyone had any experience. I've really been lookin at the losi 8ight T 2.0, the new Agama truggy, the Durango DNX408T but im considering all of the choices. Im having a really hard time deciding. I'm hoping to get some insight on different truggys (width, length, wieght, horsepower, etc.) especially if someone has had experience with more than one and can compare. Thanks in advance.
To be blatantly honest, were not here to do your Research for you, That's why each brand car has its own thread in its designated section of the forum.

Your best bet is to start reading and forming your OWN opinion as that's what really counts in the end. Who cares is Jo Schmo like So and so brand, If YOU dont, what's the point.

All brands you listed are quality kits and can Win on any given race day with the right driver behind the wheel.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

There is no Agama Truggy right now and it will be another 2 months or so until there is so that narrows your search down to just 2.........The Durango truggy will not be released as a ready to run, so your choice has just been narrowed down to 1 truggy...good luck choosing..
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

+1 to the 2 previous posts and all you're going to get is a lot of fan boys coming over here.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If you will notice all these people that come in to RCtech that post stuff like this only have 0-20 post and first thing they ask is the same thing whats the best Buggy are the Best Truggy are the Best motor. All these people need to do is start reading the threads and most people are to lazy to do that. Come on People just do a little reading its not that hard.

No such thing as THE BEST of buggys are truggys are motors. I have ran Lots of Buggys and all of them do 1 thing better then the last buggy but it will not do something as good as the last buggy i just drove so just Read and find what YOU like about each Buggy are Truggy are Motor and then pick based on what YOU like not what some other guy said is the best.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I love my Losi truggy ! u cant go wrong , parts are easy to find , and the truggy is easy to drive and very durable !!
Wow Nick no coffee 2day ? LOL !!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Yup any Truggy these days can win in the right hands especially club racing ! The only diffrence is all Truggys drive diffrent. Some are more aggresive than others some are not some drive like a typical Truggy some drive like a buggy which i like !

I dont blame the new guy for not researching it its a pain on here theres too many treads that are old on here to look though.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

i like the mugen truggy very much so and the parts have good ware unlike losi there parts ware out fast maybe three or four races u need to replace things like arms and hubs and turn buckles.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Dang... ya'll hard on a noob,
Sponsors will frown on that.
Poor noob , bet he feels good about
this thread.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I don't think we wear hard on the new guy just wish some people would do a little work and read some and go in to each thread and ask what they Like about that Truggy and then from that pick the truggy are buggy they think they will like the best. As lots of people have said all the buggys and truggys made to day can Win on any day at the track with the right driver.

One thing i have found is you need to drive each one to find out what YOU like best about each buggy are truggy. Try and do this at the track drive each one back to back and see what you like about each one the best and then pick. If you have a Buggy are truggy and can drive Ok i am sure the guys at your local track will let you run a couple laps with there Buggy are truggy i know i sure do for people. And if its some one that has never drove a Buggy are truggy i just turn the EPA Down and let them take it for a drive that way it dont have so much power but they can see if they like that kind of buggy are not. Most of the time thats all it takes to find out if you like it are not is 2 are 3 laps.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Quick way to read posts is to start near the end of thread, that way your not reading stuff from six months ago, all new stuff is at the end. Nothing worse than reading 60 pages before you get what you want.

My experience has taught me never buy version 1's, wait to see what happening with new trucks.
In alot of cases it comes down to preference, like in cars are you ford or holden (gmh in the us), and thats where it sits, sit down and watch a few meetings at your local club, there you will be able to see for yourself which are breaking and which are durable enough for you, then when your close to a desission ask for a drive if they will.

ENJOY YOUR DECISSION.................... NOT SOMEONE ELSES
Old 06-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Just 2 clear things up I'm not a noob 2 RC, I've been in 4 about 7 years and I have done a sh*tload of research. I jus wanted some advise from som experienced truggy racers.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Well ive own a Losi Eight 1.0 t and now for about a half season a RC8TCE as nitro and now electric and from my exprience for the price of it with all the upgrades that alone is worth it and theres good parts support at tracks and some LHS.

It fits a driver who is kind of smooth but it can be pushed hard to a point but to me it drives more like a buggy than a truggy especially when using 3k in the rear diff . Its a strong truck i would know the drivetrain is really good also ! There has been people who broken the steering rods plastic ends and the shock eyelids, Rear plastic hubs . The only thing ive broken is one of the shock rod eyelids over time thats it !

Not being a fan boy but i would remmend the this Truggy.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Just 2 clear things up I'm not a noob 2 RC, I've been in 4 about 7 years and I have done a sh*tload of research. I jus wanted some advise from som experienced truggy racers.
OK your not new to the sport, then you must have and idea of where you heading, as you posted in the first post.

As i said stay away from new ver 1's so your durango is out....... i can't comment either on something i've only seen on paper, but the buggy didn't inspire many people, there where only a handful of drivers could get them to work, RYAN LUTZ and AUSSIE young gun KYLE MCBRIDE ( NOW kyosho )

The losi T2.0, drove this truck for 6 months i was not happy with the rear diff failures, so went back to XRAY, you will need the new servo tray to limit servo damage, check rear bearing regulary, truck is solid and drives well, easy to get a grip on it....

The XRAY XT8, drove this truck for 3 and a half years, only changed for something different, you can't go wrong with this truck, solid stable, never a drama with diff's never changed the statelite gears, chassis wears extremely well, hinge pin holes in arms do elongate and they do end up with a bend in the arm, but doesn't stop the truck. The standard body is for the shelF, will break the body on your first accident. A good body with some triming is the proline bulldog body RC8T one

As stated AGAMA has no released truggy as yet.....

I now drive the serpent brand of cars 811 b, 811 t, 811be and as with the losi check and replace regulary the SHIMS AND BEARINGS rear diff specially in the truggy buggy doesn't seem to have a drama, but plastics are non wear as the bush in the hinge pin holder wears before the arm, so just replace the bush. Truck drives extremely well, and when you have a set up for to your driving style small changes are all thats needed. NICE TRUCK BUT AS WITH THE LOSI REAR DIFF check regulary, but in saying that some people have had no drama's.

Mugen MBX6T / MBX6TR out this week, it has very good steering, stable truck, easy to drive and set up, problems are some diffs go, shim properly and there are less failures, arms are softer plastics than most brands, but mugen have left the plastics as is because the harder plastics in the arm create less steering.

Hopefully this is what your after, any other car your looking at i will not comment on, as i haven't driven and will likly never drive them......

CHEERS WILL

Last edited by DIRTMONKEY; 06-30-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: because im shite at spelling
Old 06-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

As has been stated,

Any of the current Truggies can be a winner on any given race day. They all have their own pors and cons. First thing is what do you plan on doing with it? That helps narrow down the choices. If just planning on bashing, something that going to be very durable would be a big thing to look at. If planning on mostly racing, then it's pretty open. After that, it's the kind of suppoert you can have on a local level. From parts that a local shop stocks for a given truck/Mfg. to what advice local racers can help you with if you run into an issue. Again narrowing things down or trying to. If you don't have a local shop or don't mind buyin gon line, then again your choices are pretty open.

First thing I'd do is hit the local track and seen what trucks are being run. There's probably a reason you might see more of one or two types of trucks vs. other trucks.

Second, try to get to drive a few different trucks if someone will let you at the wheel. It'll help you in what feels the best for you. That's pretty important.

With that being said and in no perticular order:

Losi 8ight T 2.0:
solid race truck. Parts seem to be avail. at most shops and is pretty durable. If you're looking at an RTR package, the Losi is hard not to look at.

Hot Bodies D8T:
Solid truck as well. "The" cheapest race kit you can get. That point alone makes it worth looking at. Does have some parts wear issues, but parts are also pretty cheap and most shops carry parts or can easily get them.

Kyosho ST-RR Evo:
"The" most expensive truck on the market. Proven winner for sure, but the price point usually pushes people away. Does have one of, if not the best free spinning drive train on the market. Also has some of the most steering I have felt in a truck that I have driven.

AE RC8T:
The poor mans Kyosho. Price point is on par with most of the race worthy trucks. Not as updated as some of the other trucks out, but is a proven winner. It's one of the more durable trucks out.

Mugen MBX6T:
Another mid level priced truck. Mugen quality and a solid race truck. Always looks good out on the track. It is "the" lightest truck on the market. If you're not looking at racing big races, being under weight shouldn't be an issue on a club race level. Felt a lot like driving a buggy to me. Has a pillow ball front end that some don't like.

Serpent Cobra T:
Or whatever they call that thing. Good looking truck from a design stand point. Seems to be a solid race truck, and seem pretty durable. Helped one racer I know pick up two laps just by going to that truck. Knowing the racer, the truck must be pretty good.

Wildcard picks:

Durango Truggy:
I don't think it's out just yet, but should be real close to being out. Love the design look of the truck and it seems they learned from their Buggy issues and made big improvements in the durability. One of the trucks I am wanting to see up close for sure. Parts availibilty shouldn't bee too much of an issue as Hobbieco owns them and most shops use Hobbieco as a Dist. of parts.

Agama Truggy:
As said not out yet but pretty close. Looks pretty good from what I have seen so far. Does remind me a little of a Losi, but that may not be a bad thing.

Xray XT8:
The least updated truck on the market. The '09 spec was it's last update that I know of. Looking at the ROAR Nats, it's still capable of being a winning truck, but is one truck that many don't run. Does have the Xray/Hudy quality going for it, yet still doesn't seem to be a popular truck these days.

Hope that was of some help. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.