Wiki Posts
Search

mbx6r or xb9 or tki3

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
excellent point. The kyosho is really nice, the Mugen is so good, and the Xray has the fit finish department down to a science.
Xray's fit/finish isn't any better than Mugen or Kyosho's, it's legacy reputation that's carried over from when they were exemplary in the Touring car market. They are excellent, don't get me wrong, I just think it's less important when making a decision considering the quality of the other two. I'm a mugen fan. I think they have the best package for the best price but you can't go wrong with any of these.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm gonna get the mugen. Bad part is my LHS don't sell no parts for mugen
Old 06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
Xray's fit/finish isn't any better than Mugen or Kyosho's, it's legacy reputation that's carried over from when they were exemplary in the Touring car market. They are excellent, don't get me wrong, I just think it's less important when making a decision considering the quality of the other two. I'm a mugen fan. I think they have the best package for the best price but you can't go wrong with any of these.
I disagree. The Xray still has better plastic. The Kyosho still deosn't come with carbon towers and has a bit of an old fashioned layout.

It's close, but the Xray attention to detail is borderline crazy. If they knew how to build a better car, then that's what would be in the kit.

If you put these three cars together for a demolishn derby. Which one would you bet on? I'm betting Xray, Mugen, then Kyosho.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I disagree. The Xray still has better plastic. The Kyosho still deosn't come with carbon towers and has a bit of an old fashioned layout.

It's close, but the Xray attention to detail is borderline crazy. If they knew how to build a better car, then that's what would be in the kit.

If you put these three cars together for a demolishn derby. Which one would you bet on? I'm betting Xray, Mugen, then Kyosho.
May be a old layout but its the layout that is ruling the modern RC world...
a wider layout has more weird spread out thus making it handling bumps better.
and easier to drive.

which is, mugen AE kyosho.

this C-hub design is been used ever since what late 1980s?... its won so many titles... it outrules anything else...(this is excluding mugen)

Kyosho AE and mugen realised this same design is the ticket... theres a reason they havnt changed..
plus the are also some of the oldest companys in the RC industry....

hotbodies is on the right track with this new d8 ty has...
Old 06-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how about a D8 12 hotbodies (:
Old 06-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
May be a old layout but its the layout that is ruling the modern RC world...
a wider layout has more weird spread out thus making it handling bumps better.
and easier to drive.

which is, mugen AE kyosho.

this C-hub design is been used ever since what late 1980s?... its won so many titles... it outrules anything else...(this is excluding mugen)

Kyosho AE and mugen realised this same design is the ticket... theres a reason they havnt changed..
plus the are also some of the oldest companys in the RC industry....

hotbodies is on the right track with this new d8 ty has...
The AE realized Kyosho's design was the ticket you mean.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I ran a MBX6 last year in spring, man i loved the adjust-ability on that buggy... it was the best buggy I've ran on a track. i would suggest the Mugen anyday.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Addict

the OP seems to have done some homework or he has just luckily selected 3 of the best buggies on the market, surely after narrowing the field down to just 3 cars its simply a case of picking one that fits the other remaining tick box, support trackside and at the lhs, dont buy the mugen if you cannot get spares locally for the car as good as the Mugen is and i ran one for years its a tough buggy, but the day you need a spare and cannot get it your day is ruined, out of the 3 go with the car you can get best support for and enjoy.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

anyone of these buggys would be awesome now you have to decide on an engine that will be the deciding factor
Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I decided on mugen mbx6r my brother just got one and I like it.

My LHs really just sells all losi parts. That's the reason I got the losi rtr which I regret. So instead of me turning it into a race roller, I decided to look at other buggies and read up on it. I won 1st in sportsman nitro buggy last night with the rtr with an arrow engine (2nd time ever racing) The pro class the top 3 had all TLR. I'm not sure if it was the drivers but their car seems like it handles really well. Didn't see no mugen Xray or kyosho.

Motor I'm leaning towards the b6 pro
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

The losi is prob the most popular car out there. It is a very well handling car. People always say it wears parts to fast. The only thing it wears fast is the front center cvd. And the setup is really good out of the box. Now that being said.... I would buy the mp9 tki3 if I had the money. Its very well built. But I think you made the right choice with the mugen. Its a great car. Cant say about the xb9 as I havent seen hardly any run. But from what I understand it very close to the losi, which is a good thing. But im sure its much better built than the losi. The werks b6 is a nice engine, and Ron will help you on the thread if you ever need it
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.Ngo
Well I decided on mugen mbx6r my brother just got one and I like it.

My LHs really just sells all losi parts. That's the reason I got the losi rtr which I regret. So instead of me turning it into a race roller, I decided to look at other buggies and read up on it. I won 1st in sportsman nitro buggy last night with the rtr with an arrow engine (2nd time ever racing) The pro class the top 3 had all TLR. I'm not sure if it was the drivers but their car seems like it handles really well. Didn't see no mugen Xray or kyosho.

Motor I'm leaning towards the b6 pro
It's always the driver, always...