Wiki Posts
Search

good job ty and gord!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
The 'official' answer for absence of a JQ truggy?
HAHA very good
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I dunno Brandon,

There was some luck out on that track for sure. Anything could have heppened and did. See Ty's flameout. Had that not have happened where it did, the turnout would have been different. If that's not luck, I don't know what is. Doesn't take anything away from the prep, talent, and dedication of the drivers. But there's always some luck in racing.
So it was luck twice in the same day? What about the track was different for Ty? Nothing. Same for everyone. Tough tracks are a battle of man and machine. I would shake his hand and say he was the best not shake it and say "you caught all the breaks your way". Cars that broke, broke. People who crashed, crashed. Ty minimized those things and won. How is that anything but execution of strategy? Maybe one championship gets backed into every now and then but to double up is a statement of who came to win. Congrats to those guys. Well deserved.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I dunno Brandon,

There was some luck out on that track for sure. Anything could have heppened and did. See Ty's flameout. Had that not have happened where it did, the turnout would have been different. If that's not luck, I don't know what is. Doesn't take anything away from the prep, talent, and dedication of the drivers. But there's always some luck in racing.
Exactly
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Being there and running with Ty in Semi finals and watching his cars in the main, he and his dad were nothing short of awesome.

Ty was the smoothest driver on the track. His Truggy and Buggy had great preparation and setup. While Dakotah had better outright speed, mistakes came down to it. Same for Maifield... while he had pace, he had to push quite hard to keep up.

And Gord was simply awesome in the pits. In the truggy final, he killed it on pit stops. Every time Ty came in, he made ground on whoever was in front or behind of him. The flameout happened during fueling, which can happen to anyone, but they were fueling on the starter box so it was a quick re-fire. Simply awesome team work and driving.

As for the track being blown out, it was far from it. I've raced a LOT at LCRC and the track crew did a LOT to keep up with everything. The track was fair and kept everyone honest. In fact, Dakotah's fast lap in buggy was at or near what quick lap was in truggy. Track was not a factor, but the drivers were.

Congrats Ty and Gord on a fantastic weekend and it was great to be a part of such an awesome race event.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
So it was luck twice in the same day? What about the track was different for Ty? Nothing. Same for everyone. Tough tracks are a battle of man and machine. I would shake his hand and say he was the best not shake it and say "you caught all the breaks your way". Cars that broke, broke. People who crashed, crashed. Ty minimized those things and won. How is that anything but execution of strategy? Maybe one championship gets backed into every now and then but to double up is a statement of who came to win. Congrats to those guys. Well deserved.
Never said that the track was different for Ty. Never said that "his" winning both classes was was due purely to "luck". You said that there's no luck in winning a National Championship. I'm saying that there's always some luck in racing. I sited that Ty's flame out was a case of luck because of where it happened. It had nothing to do with the prep and planning that he and his Dad had done for the event. There's things that you can't plan for and are out of your control. That's where a little luck comes in. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm very happy for Ty and his family for the double win. It's very well deserved. They work and have worked hard to get to the top.

Every top dirver shows up to the event prepped and with the desire to win, but there can be only one winner.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'd like to say job well done to the Tessmans... Coming from a Father/Son team i know how Proud he must have been and the smile on Tys face said it all.. Well done Guys.....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Never said that the track was different for Ty. Never said that "his" winning both classes was was due purely to "luck". You said that there's no luck in winning a National Championship. I'm saying that there's always some luck in racing. I sited that Ty's flame out was a case of luck because of where it happened. It had nothing to do with the prep and planning that he and his Dad had done for the event. There's things that you can't plan for and are out of your control. That's where a little luck comes in. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm very happy for Ty and his family for the double win. It's very well deserved. They work and have worked hard to get to the top.

Every top dirver shows up to the event prepped and with the desire to win, but there can be only one winner.
To be honest, the flameout in pit lane was not uncommon among the pros running when refueling was occuring. Most of it happened on refueling and as Schreff mentioned, they have the car on a starter box when fueling so they have it really mastered. In addition Phend's fastest laps were late in the race for both buggy and truggy.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

that was sick to watch good job ty
Old 06-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
To be honest, the flameout in pit lane was not uncommon among the pros running when refueling was occuring. Most of it happened on refueling and as Schreff mentioned, they have the car on a starter box when fueling so they have it really mastered. In addition Phend's fastest laps were late in the race for both buggy and truggy.

I've seen some of the top "Pro' driver's have flameout issues and I'm pretty sure that none of them plan for a flameout. Mainly because it never seems to happen in a conveient place on the track, which is usually hard to come back from, but there are some very fast and skilled driver's that have done that. I'm stating a case where having a flamout in pit lane for any driver is a solid case of luck being on their side at that moment. It's the most conveient place on that track it could happen and usually doesn't.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

it's always nice to see good things happen to good people!
too bad Hotbodies has no way to exploit Tessman's awesome wins...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It starts with congratulations and good intentions and then gets closed when it turns into a raging internet bloodbath. As a species we are so doomed......
Yes we are lol
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Phend had to be marshalled 3 times in the last two laps - twice in the 7 pack on the 2nd to last lap w/in mere seconds of each other. Ty got marshalled once. Just like regular joes, minimize your mistakes to win.

Just hearing Gord get choked up in the interview afterwards was priceless. My Dad and I are a father/son team and were watching all this unfold on liverc. It just reminded us of a great moment we had together after huge race earlier this year and that's what this sport is all about.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default awesome win

I mean, most of the guys who drive really hard and a bit wild break their cars, it's the smooth, fast, and consistent drivers that win hour long mains at the end of the week when your tired, sweating, and under pressure. It's like the old story of the Tortoise & Hare. Especially on a hot blown out track and long race days. I've won so many races when all the haters were yapping about Mr. Fast guy, and it just feels so much better to beat those guys running my own race. That's what the Kid did. He won his own race. Some racers are excellent qualifiers, and some are excellent during the race. Ty proved that at the Nitro Challenge, and after that focused on the Nats while the other drivers were running to the other races, he was focusing on the Nats. It showed. especially in the final turn. That was sick.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe it wasn't luck.

Maybe it was devine intervention
Old 06-26-2012, 01:07 AM
JQ
Tech Master

I've seen some of the top "Pro' driver's have flameout issues and I'm pretty sure that none of them plan for a flameout. Mainly because it never seems to happen in a conveient place on the track, which is usually hard to come back from, but there are some very fast and skilled driver's that have done that. I'm stating a case where having a flamout in pit lane for any driver is a solid case of luck being on their side at that moment. It's the most conveient place on that track it could happen and usually doesn't.
Its not good luck when an OS flames out in pit lane. First of all, the fact that it flamed out doesn't mean that it could have flamed out on the track. Unlike many other engines, an OS only tends to flame out for an obvious reason. For top drivers, this means, that 99% of flame outs don't happen while just driving around the track. In pit lane, there are many reasons for flaming out, the idle could be too low, the flywheel could hit something, or fuel could splash on the pipe causing the engine to flame, or the engine could simply be tuned wrong, so it flames out when gassing it after the pitstop.

Sometimes luck is involved, but most of the time, you make your own luck. In this case the engine most likely died because of something that was done wrong. Preperation was good enough that nothing happened on the track, but in pitlane something went wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.