R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia.
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
The 'official' answer for absence of a JQ truggy?
HAHA very good
__________________
Kyosho MP9, STRR Evo 2
OS Engines, KO Propo
AKA
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
I dunno Brandon,

There was some luck out on that track for sure. Anything could have heppened and did. See Ty's flameout. Had that not have happened where it did, the turnout would have been different. If that's not luck, I don't know what is. Doesn't take anything away from the prep, talent, and dedication of the drivers. But there's always some luck in racing.
So it was luck twice in the same day? What about the track was different for Ty? Nothing. Same for everyone. Tough tracks are a battle of man and machine. I would shake his hand and say he was the best not shake it and say "you caught all the breaks your way". Cars that broke, broke. People who crashed, crashed. Ty minimized those things and won. How is that anything but execution of strategy? Maybe one championship gets backed into every now and then but to double up is a statement of who came to win. Congrats to those guys. Well deserved.
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~Werks Racing~Pro-Line~Competition Suspension Inc.~Schelle Racing Innovations
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia.
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
I dunno Brandon,

There was some luck out on that track for sure. Anything could have heppened and did. See Ty's flameout. Had that not have happened where it did, the turnout would have been different. If that's not luck, I don't know what is. Doesn't take anything away from the prep, talent, and dedication of the drivers. But there's always some luck in racing.
Exactly
__________________
Kyosho MP9, STRR Evo 2
OS Engines, KO Propo
AKA
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #34
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Being there and running with Ty in Semi finals and watching his cars in the main, he and his dad were nothing short of awesome.

Ty was the smoothest driver on the track. His Truggy and Buggy had great preparation and setup. While Dakotah had better outright speed, mistakes came down to it. Same for Maifield... while he had pace, he had to push quite hard to keep up.

And Gord was simply awesome in the pits. In the truggy final, he killed it on pit stops. Every time Ty came in, he made ground on whoever was in front or behind of him. The flameout happened during fueling, which can happen to anyone, but they were fueling on the starter box so it was a quick re-fire. Simply awesome team work and driving.

As for the track being blown out, it was far from it. I've raced a LOT at LCRC and the track crew did a LOT to keep up with everything. The track was fair and kept everyone honest. In fact, Dakotah's fast lap in buggy was at or near what quick lap was in truggy. Track was not a factor, but the drivers were.

Congrats Ty and Gord on a fantastic weekend and it was great to be a part of such an awesome race event.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,134
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
So it was luck twice in the same day? What about the track was different for Ty? Nothing. Same for everyone. Tough tracks are a battle of man and machine. I would shake his hand and say he was the best not shake it and say "you caught all the breaks your way". Cars that broke, broke. People who crashed, crashed. Ty minimized those things and won. How is that anything but execution of strategy? Maybe one championship gets backed into every now and then but to double up is a statement of who came to win. Congrats to those guys. Well deserved.
Never said that the track was different for Ty. Never said that "his" winning both classes was was due purely to "luck". You said that there's no luck in winning a National Championship. I'm saying that there's always some luck in racing. I sited that Ty's flame out was a case of luck because of where it happened. It had nothing to do with the prep and planning that he and his Dad had done for the event. There's things that you can't plan for and are out of your control. That's where a little luck comes in. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm very happy for Ty and his family for the double win. It's very well deserved. They work and have worked hard to get to the top.

Every top dirver shows up to the event prepped and with the desire to win, but there can be only one winner.
__________________
J.Mikoliczyk

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
blade954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I'd like to say job well done to the Tessmans... Coming from a Father/Son team i know how Proud he must have been and the smile on Tys face said it all.. Well done Guys.....
__________________
HEI | Xray | Hudy | Ko Propo | FX- Engines | Novak |
Ryper Hobbies | AKA | Byrons | Blade Grafix
blade954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #37
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,598
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Never said that the track was different for Ty. Never said that "his" winning both classes was was due purely to "luck". You said that there's no luck in winning a National Championship. I'm saying that there's always some luck in racing. I sited that Ty's flame out was a case of luck because of where it happened. It had nothing to do with the prep and planning that he and his Dad had done for the event. There's things that you can't plan for and are out of your control. That's where a little luck comes in. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm very happy for Ty and his family for the double win. It's very well deserved. They work and have worked hard to get to the top.

Every top dirver shows up to the event prepped and with the desire to win, but there can be only one winner.
To be honest, the flameout in pit lane was not uncommon among the pros running when refueling was occuring. Most of it happened on refueling and as Schreff mentioned, they have the car on a starter box when fueling so they have it really mastered. In addition Phend's fastest laps were late in the race for both buggy and truggy.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #38
Tech Initiate
 
cdtkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 23
Default

that was sick to watch good job ty
cdtkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,134
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
To be honest, the flameout in pit lane was not uncommon among the pros running when refueling was occuring. Most of it happened on refueling and as Schreff mentioned, they have the car on a starter box when fueling so they have it really mastered. In addition Phend's fastest laps were late in the race for both buggy and truggy.

I've seen some of the top "Pro' driver's have flameout issues and I'm pretty sure that none of them plan for a flameout. Mainly because it never seems to happen in a conveient place on the track, which is usually hard to come back from, but there are some very fast and skilled driver's that have done that. I'm stating a case where having a flamout in pit lane for any driver is a solid case of luck being on their side at that moment. It's the most conveient place on that track it could happen and usually doesn't.
__________________
J.Mikoliczyk

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
Tech Regular
 
gameholic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349
Default

it's always nice to see good things happen to good people!
too bad Hotbodies has no way to exploit Tessman's awesome wins...
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #41
Tech Addict
 
v6shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bakersfield ,CA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
It starts with congratulations and good intentions and then gets closed when it turns into a raging internet bloodbath. As a species we are so doomed......
Yes we are lol
__________________
Xray xb9 , alpha A852 with 2081 pipe, b4, dualsky xc550mj,thunder power 17.5, futaba,Radiopost ts-401
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #42
Tech Master
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Phend had to be marshalled 3 times in the last two laps - twice in the 7 pack on the 2nd to last lap w/in mere seconds of each other. Ty got marshalled once. Just like regular joes, minimize your mistakes to win.

Just hearing Gord get choked up in the interview afterwards was priceless. My Dad and I are a father/son team and were watching all this unfold on liverc. It just reminded us of a great moment we had together after huge race earlier this year and that's what this sport is all about.
__________________
Sean Gaffney
...where some sponsors used to be...
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
Tech Elite
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default awesome win

I mean, most of the guys who drive really hard and a bit wild break their cars, it's the smooth, fast, and consistent drivers that win hour long mains at the end of the week when your tired, sweating, and under pressure. It's like the old story of the Tortoise & Hare. Especially on a hot blown out track and long race days. I've won so many races when all the haters were yapping about Mr. Fast guy, and it just feels so much better to beat those guys running my own race. That's what the Kid did. He won his own race. Some racers are excellent qualifiers, and some are excellent during the race. Ty proved that at the Nitro Challenge, and after that focused on the Nats while the other drivers were running to the other races, he was focusing on the Nats. It showed. especially in the final turn. That was sick.
__________________
Mad Dog drives a Mugen MBX-7, Novarossi engines, Clockwork Racing, Futaba radio, AKA/Proline Tires
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #44
Tech Master
 
jnslprd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Maybe it wasn't luck.

Maybe it was devine intervention
__________________
WGAS, WGAF
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #45
JQ
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
I've seen some of the top "Pro' driver's have flameout issues and I'm pretty sure that none of them plan for a flameout. Mainly because it never seems to happen in a conveient place on the track, which is usually hard to come back from, but there are some very fast and skilled driver's that have done that. I'm stating a case where having a flamout in pit lane for any driver is a solid case of luck being on their side at that moment. It's the most conveient place on that track it could happen and usually doesn't.
Its not good luck when an OS flames out in pit lane. First of all, the fact that it flamed out doesn't mean that it could have flamed out on the track. Unlike many other engines, an OS only tends to flame out for an obvious reason. For top drivers, this means, that 99% of flame outs don't happen while just driving around the track. In pit lane, there are many reasons for flaming out, the idle could be too low, the flywheel could hit something, or fuel could splash on the pipe causing the engine to flame, or the engine could simply be tuned wrong, so it flames out when gassing it after the pitstop.

Sometimes luck is involved, but most of the time, you make your own luck. In this case the engine most likely died because of something that was done wrong. Preperation was good enough that nothing happened on the track, but in pitlane something went wrong.
__________________
Info and Advice: http://jq-products.com
Latest News: http://www.facebook.com/JQProducts
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carcar Ophidian Canadian R/C Scene 12716 Yesterday 01:02 PM
2009/2010 WCICS thread stulec52 Canadian R/C Scene 1095 03-31-2010 09:29 AM
RC Pro Series AB 2008 Gary Fliegel Canadian R/C Scene 298 01-07-2009 10:09 PM
Edmonton WCICS race Nov 24th-26th tandman Canadian R/C Scene 103 11-30-2006 04:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net