Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What should I buy next??? >

What should I buy next???

What should I buy next???

Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What should I buy next???

I have a little extra cash laying around for my buggy. I just stepped up to a 1/8th scale nitro buggy. I have an Associated RC8 rtr. I swapped out the steering servo with a Savox 1256TG. I swapped out the radio for my Airtronics M11. And I swapped out the tires for Duratrax X Cons. I have about $45-50 to spend right now. What should I get? New body (I'm running the stock RTR body), a buggy bag, or something else? I'm looking for bang for the buck with the money because my wife has put the brakes on my spending.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

I have also thought about getting a wrap for my radio, but that isnt very bang for you buck, but pretty awesome though. haha.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Maybe the 8.2 front shock tower.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you race, I would recommend another set of tires! You can never have enough tires to choose from! IMO tires are one of the biggest tuning options for your car. With the wrong tires for the track you are racing on that day, you will be out of luck. No setup change on the car can compensate for the wrong tires.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Well I race at the same track. I run the same tires that almost every other guys runs there. My LHS owner races at the same track and always has his trailer stock with parts for sale, including 1/8th scale buggy and truggy tires and wheels. If I really need a tire change, I will do it on the fly at the track. It's weird but I can justify on the fly purchases with my wife easier than planned purchases. haha.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If you don't have one, I'd get a cordless drill. It makes wrenching 1,000 times easier.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

tires are your best bet
or you could buy a life for one of my old friend he needs to get one JK
he woud not know what to do with it any way.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Save it. You are always going to need a few bucks here and there for fuel, plugs, parts and stuff. Stick it aside if you don't absolutely need something to make the buggy run. All the other stuff is just 'bling' and is not required to have fun.

Dennis
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

buy more parts bro , or more tools man u gotta get ur gear up
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

I have tons of tools. In fact my first race ever was this year and guys were coming to me to borrow tools. I am definitely setup when it comes to tools and pit necessities. I don't even know where to start when it comes to stocking up on parts. I havent broken anything yet (and I have beat the crap out of it in practice). I would get tires, but my ebay auction fell a little short, so I only have $40, not enough for tires. Plus I wouldnt even know where to start with tires because everyone at the track runs the same tires that I already have. My budget does fall into the realm of a new Jconcepts Punnisher body and one piece wing. It would be nice to not roll with the RTR body. I would also love for my buggy to match my SC10.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Ok so my wife and I just sold some old furniture that we had in out basement. She told me that if i wanted a new set of tires to go ahead and get it. I am heading to my LHS in a little bit. I am running Duratrax X Cons on my buggy. I want something similar obviously since these work pretty well on the track I race. I run Pro Line Calibers on my SC10. Should I get some Calibers for my buggy, or Duratrax Posse tires? Since she doesn't know that I sold some stuff on ebay, I used that money to order a JConcepts Punisher body and the JConcepts one piece Illusion wing. I'm gonna paint it metallic lime ice and metallic black like my SC10. I guess it all worked out for me.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Calibers, great tires if they work on your track

You should take your money and invite your wife to a romantic dinner and then try to convince her to increase your race budget
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sylvain
You should take your money and invite your wife to a romantic dinner and then try to convince her to increase your race budget
LOL
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

I second that!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sylvain
Calibers, great tires if they work on your track

LOLz.

I know someone on a massive diet that has to secretly exercise whenever the wife isn't looking.

He told her it was RC racing that was causing him to lose weight. He now has an unlimited RC budget. I'm just saying.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.