R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
proven fact is Tys d8, i haven't talked to a guy yet that said he was slower with the Change,
I've met two... they just don't tell anyone but they've reverted to the stock parts. Out of all the many others that have done the mod, how many of them can run 100% clean laps anyway...

All in all yes slight improvements do add up to a few tenths per lap, but most of us first first need to learn do (1) drive a 5mn without crashing twice at least and (2) do proper, regular, systematic car maintenance...

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #47
Tech Regular

its interesting seeing wat pro drivers r running wat is the mod that ty is running?
Has anybody any pics of lutz durango? on the first day at neo he was running parts that he didnt think worked at neo i was to late on getting pics i got pics a few days afta that i have a few pics of prototype durango parts that some others guys were running at neo and i was told that some of them were running different chassis
av4625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You would be surprised how often bone stock stuff wins big races. For instance, onroad guys insist that the pros all have unobtainable motors. In some cases, this is actually true but I know for an absolute FACT that a recent ROAR onroad Nats was won by a BONE STOCK, unmodified, straight off the shelf Nova motor that was opened and broke in at the track on the morning of first practice using fuel bought at the track. In fact, it wasn't even Nova's top of the line mil.

Of course the tires are another story. All the pros had them, no one else did.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
You would be surprised how often bone stock stuff wins big races. For instance, onroad guys insist that the pros all have unobtainable motors. In some cases, this is actually true but I know for an absolute FACT that a recent ROAR onroad Nats was won by a BONE STOCK, unmodified, straight off the shelf Nova motor that was opened and broke in at the track on the morning of first practice using fuel bought at the track. In fact, it wasn't even Nova's top of the line mil.

Of course the tires are another story. All the pros had them, no one else did.
lol motors don't win races "tires do"
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Team motors might not win the race. They can be a very important part of the package. I know what has been handed out in the past.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #51
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

BLAM!

ABN Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote