R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Old Car Won't Start Anymore

So, I got a Nitro Evader ST about 6 years ago give or take. I ran it for a couple years casually. It then sat in storage for some years and I just recently took it out and have been for the past couple weeks been trying to get the thing started. The engines a DTX .18. Ive been doing some research on carb settings but got no success so and heres what Ive tried.

-Got brand new fuel
-Made sure glow plugs and starter works
-Cleaned out lines
-Cleaned entire engine/carb

I basically took the entire thing apart clean each and every piece. I thought maybe some air was getting into the engine effecting it so I even put a small amount of gasket sealer on the carbs o-ring. The only thing that I ran into that I thought could still be a problem is I broke off the dust/boot cover that the LSN basically sits on.

Im a mechanical guy and know a good amount, but not soo much R/C cars, thought maybe someone else has run into the same problem. I just cant seem to understand why a car that worked once before suddenly wont work.
rekcik15 is offline   Reply With Quote