R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Buggy Opinions?

Hi everyone,

I currently have a Hb d8s and I'm planning on buying a new buggy kit. I live in Turkey and there aren't any proper dealers here that have spare parts other than hpi so it would be hard for me to find spare parts for any other brand than hb. I might get the D8 Hara because of this but the Xray XB9, Kyosho MP9 TKI3, Team AE RC8.2 look really good and maybe better than the D8? What would you recommend me to get? Thanks
Kaano97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sounds like you answered your own question, unless you are willing to buy a car / spare parts on-line? The Kyosho TKI2 or 3 is my choice! Fantastic!! Buggy!! Easy to work on and stays consistent no matter how the track changes.. Nothing wrong with the list of cars you mentioned there all high quality kits. Good luck!
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

get what buggy you will be most happy with, in the long run if you always wanted another brand you will always regret the car you drive, parts online will always be there and you can shop around more and find the best deals! i do all my shopping sourcing from at least 20 different places, from online to local to shops around my country to around the world, if i can save up to $50 every time that adds up in the long run to hundreds. you still end up spending the same amount just get more gear for your money if you catch my drift. its a addictive hobby you can never have enough hop ups or engines or cars lol
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Just buy 2 kits whatever car you buy and then you have spares.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on that! A friend who run Hara D8 just got his TKI3 today! After trying out MP9 on the track, he fall in love with it!

But saying this, what some of the guys here say here is true, having access to parts locally might be a good idea. I don't know if I'm lucky or not, but buying the parts locally and overseas does not cost much different for me, sometime I get cheaper buying overseas.

I don't know if buying 2nd kit for spare is a good idea. Usually the parts that break often are the lower arms, upper arms, wing stay, wings, body shell and front bumper.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying MP9 break easily, I'm just saying all you need to keep for spares are those items. The only time I broke anything on MP9 is the front lower arm but that is due to my bumpy track and at full speed hit a bump and hit a tree straight! I'm actually surprised the only broken part is the right lower arm! the rest are all ok.

PS: I saw a friend XB9 and honestly, I'm not impress with it at all. Mugen might be a better one than that. Just my personal opinion. Please don't kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
Sounds like you answered your own question, unless you are willing to buy a car / spare parts on-line? The Kyosho TKI2 or 3 is my choice! Fantastic!! Buggy!! Easy to work on and stays consistent no matter how the track changes.. Nothing wrong with the list of cars you mentioned there all high quality kits. Good luck!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

It's not that parts break really often on a buggy, unless you drive like the dukes of hazzard, but parts do wear out. i like to have spares around and I usually order them online. If shipping is difficult where you live it may be best to keep the HB, but if you can order from e bay etc...get what you want. I like the Mugen the best, but it's not like Kyosho or Xray aren't awesome too. I say get a Mugen and order parts on ebay. Easiest and least expensive for the best quality. If you can now. If you rely on the local shop then stay with the HB.