Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Opinion on what Truggy to buy >

Opinion on what Truggy to buy

Opinion on what Truggy to buy

Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Opinion on what Truggy to buy

I'm looking at the Ofna Nexx 8t & the Kyosho Inferno Neo ST, both look pretty decent, mainly going to be used as a basher and may occasionaly take it up to the local offroad dirt track. I had a few Ofna buggies before with the factory engine and all of them ran great, but I do like how the Kyosho looks also.

Just trying to narrow it down.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

XRAY xt8 (I own two) or a Mugen mbx6t. The big thing about Mugen is the fact that right out of the box (or with stock setup) the run well where as the
XRAY takes a little more tinkering.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by birdy233
I'm looking at the Ofna Nexx 8t & the Kyosho Inferno Neo ST, both look pretty decent, mainly going to be used as a basher and may occasionaly take it up to the local offroad dirt track. I had a few Ofna buggies before with the factory engine and all of them ran great, but I do like how the Kyosho looks also.

Just trying to narrow it down.
Like my nexx8T. Diffs not filled so you need to do that. Servos are crap. Dropped hitecs in mine, and D8T bulldog body fits nice since there is no aftermarket body for this truggy. Stock motor is nice and strong. Personally , I like Ofna. Just like any RTR, you'll need to eventually upgrade a few things
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

save your cash and pick up a second hand Mugen MBX5T pro if all your doing is bashing around you dont need a currant race roller and the 5T would still have to be the toughest truggy on the market the things like a tank
Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

FWIW - As far as bashing goes I've been beating the crap out of my Inferno Neo ST since February and it's done pretty well. It needs some upgrades from stock, mainly servos and wheels+tires. The drivetrain is good and the KE-25 is a decent motor. I recently dropped a clocked Nova .28 in it though and it has been a blast. Got a gallon through the new engine now and everything has held up strong except the tires, lol. It's not a top of the line kit for sure, but it does all I need it to do and I like the way it looks. The Nexx 8T looks pretty similar to the Neo ST, so its probably which ever you like better. I know parts for the inferno are all readily available and upgradable which I like. For the money, I think its a good basher. You'll probably spend a grip on parts no matter which one you get.