R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had both and can say both are solid platforms, I did manage to break a few front arms on the mugen but i also hit something hard, I personally also had issues with the Mugen tank and finally stuck a jammin one in to solve it, also stripped a rear diff and thought I had it shimmed right, It was also one of the first kits out so all those things coulda been adressed !! My serpent I've had over a year and so far have only bent a rear drive shaft cuz it doesn't come with a aluminum chassis brace, parts for the serpent cost more and aren't as plentiful but they Also seem more durable to me !! I personally like the onpower steering of the serpent over the mugen but also never had the new battery forward mod so it comes down to preference ! That's my honest opinion and am not sponsored by either company so there u go !
travertini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They all break. They break more if you crash. Dont crash and you wont break. Crash into a pole at 35 mph and something is gunna give...the pole isnt. They are all good. What you should be looking at moreso is what is the parts availability where you live. Thats what you should go with.
Ive got a brand new in the box serpent truggy for sale if your interested> 490 shipped.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've owned both trucks for long periods of time. If you buy spares for the serpent, you'll be wasting money because you won't need them, that money will be better spent buying mugen parts. You choose.
Johnieblaze is offline   Reply With Quote