Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Truggy tire sizes

Im looking into picking up beadlock rims, how do I know what tires will fit? I see it gives certain thin bead tires. Do I look at inside diameter of the tire to match up with the 3.2 outside diameter of the wheel?

When I look at the tires in tower, it gives the diameter of 5 on some tires, which I'm guessing is the outside, how would I know what would fit? What's the typical truggy tire size?

Thanks for the help, this is getting confusing.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlockHed
Im looking into picking up beadlock rims, how do I know what tires will fit? I see it gives certain thin bead tires. Do I look at inside diameter of the tire to match up with the 3.2 outside diameter of the wheel?

When I look at the tires in tower, it gives the diameter of 5 on some tires, which I'm guessing is the outside, how would I know what would fit? What's the typical truggy tire size?

Thanks for the help, this is getting confusing.
Going way back, 3.2 was the standard. Now, 3.8 is the king.

I assume you're bashing and not racing. Nobody that I have heard of uses beadlock rims for racing. I would think Beadlock rims would require the modding of most truggy tire beads.

Also consider the rim offset. Depending on vehicle model, 1/2 or zero offset may be needed.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Going way back, 3.2 was the standard. Now, 3.8 is the king.

I assume you're bashing and not racing. Nobody that I have heard of uses beadlock rims for racing. I would think Beadlock rims would require the modding of most truggy tire beads.

Also consider the rim offset. Depending on vehicle model, 1/2 or zero offset may be needed.
Its a jammin x1, it has 1/2 offset. What do you mean I would have to mod the tire?

Are beadlocks not worth it? I don't race, no track close to me, I figured beadlocks would make it easy to swap out tires for bashing.

Would I be better off getting something with a 3.8 inch diameter?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlockHed
Its a jammin x1, it has 1/2 offset. What do you mean I would have to mod the tire?

Are beadlocks not worth it? I don't race, no track close to me, I figured beadlocks would make it easy to swap out tires for bashing.

Would I be better off getting something with a 3.8 inch diameter?
If your bashing get some City Blocks glue them up and enjoy.. No need in different compounds or patterns if your just bashing.. If you want something to run on the street, then look for some used tires in the for sale section.. Usualy go pretty cheap and are typically pre-mounted..

The 1/2 off-set rim is going to be HARD to find these days however..
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

AKA is having a fire sale on all their old style pre-mounts. $50 for a full set. Cant beat that. Like stated above, 1/2 offset is going to be a little hard to find but not impossible. Check E-bay. I bought 2 full sets of BNIB rims for $20 shipped the other day.

BTW, I have 2 sets of tires/ wheels for sale. One is the Jammin RTR tires in pretty good shape and the other is a set of Bow-Ties on PL 40 series rims used 2 times and been sitting in my tire box for about 2 years. PM me and we will talk about price. I just need to free up the space.