R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey dmartin,

Can I know what kind of dry lube they are using? Which part of the universals do you lubricate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin View Post
Some guys put a little dry lube on the universals to lubricate them because they do not attract dirt so the lube doesn't turn into a glob of wet sand paper in your rotating parts. Up to you though. I haven't tried this yet but some of the pro's at my track do it. It's good for at least 2 secs off your lap time. =P
Old 06-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Another question, what makes simple green the choice of cleaner with RC? Why not other house hold cleaners similar? I really don't by the cleaning stuff for my house so not sure if it's a special blend of chems not harmful to the rollers but what makes it different from pine-sol, 409, etc...? I've always just gone with it due to it being the cleaner of choice I see at the tracks.
Titian2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titian2010 View Post
Another question, what makes simple green the choice of cleaner with RC? Why not other house hold cleaners similar? I really don't by the cleaning stuff for my house so not sure if it's a special blend of chems not harmful to the rollers but what makes it different from pine-sol, 409, etc...? I've always just gone with it due to it being the cleaner of choice I see at the tracks.
Simple Green has a dual purpose. It also softens and treats tires.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titian2010 View Post
Simple green use to be considered non harmful to all surfaces until recently Boeing released that it made aluminum brittle, so an alum safe simple great was released. But for plastic it works well. I have been using the stuff from up-grade Rc their wash and prep shine are great for the buggy and the body shine leaves the body's smooth and slick.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote