R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Wait for CR8 or buy D8 hard

Hello everyone,

I've been using my D8S for a while now and I'm planing on buying a new hot bodies kit but I'm not sure about what I should buy. Should I buy the D8 hara edition kit or is it worth waiting for the release of the CR8? Btw does anyone now the release date of the CR8? Before the worlds maybe?
Kaano97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default D8 or ???

Good luck, they'll probably be a Tessman edition D8 before the CR8 is released......
Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaano97 View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been using my D8S for a while now and I'm planing on buying a new hot bodies kit but I'm not sure about what I should buy. Should I buy the D8 hara edition kit or is it worth waiting for the release of the CR8? Btw does anyone now the release date of the CR8? Before the worlds maybe?
I wouldn't buy a D8 Hara at the present time. The new D8 will be a long arm LP2 version and will be worth waiting for. The CR8 will be released sometime after October.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Sometime after October is well worth the wait for the CR8! First sight I was somewhat skeptical, but now I'd prefer one over the awesome D8. Forget the Hot Bodies DEight, get the CREight.
SUPERFORMIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

would Ty be running a d-8 if the cr-8 was better?..... just asking!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Since you already have a D8S why not just buy the important hara upgrades that work best from ebay for your current car? Just buy the 3mm Hara chassis plate, 112mm long rear shocks and tallrear shock tower then you'll be good to go!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Sometime after October is well worth the wait for the CR8!

caaraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Since you already have a D8S why not just buy the important hara upgrades that work best from ebay for your current car? Just buy the 3mm Hara chassis plate, 112mm long rear shocks and tallrear shock tower then you'll be good to go!
Thats what I'd do. or. . . wait till after worlds then you'll see worlds edition to the current platforms
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Current platform is good
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: I agree on the Ty comment bigbwelding. Also How will Josh Alston leaving HB affect the future of the CR8 project if at all since Jesse Robbers was heavily involved in that as well? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
Tech Master

The D8HE is not going to cut it anymore now that they are working on a franken8 for the car. There is a thread on here that tells you all the parts needed to do this conversion. You can almost make another buggy out of all the parts that will be left over.

You can wait, but the cars you mentioned will not be released until at least the worlds are over, and most likely spill over to next year(and get canned like the CR8) :P.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
The D8HE is not going to cut it anymore now that they are working on a franken8 for the car. There is a thread on here that tells you all the parts needed to do this conversion. You can almost make another buggy out of all the parts that will be left over.

You can wait, but the cars you mentioned will not be released until at least the worlds are over, and most likely spill over to next year(and get canned like the CR8) :P.
Why would Jesse be running a "canned" CR8?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Default To be fair...

Quote:

This statement is at best misleading. As someone who has done the conversion I can tell you with surety that you will not "almost make another buggy out of all the parts that are left over"

On another note I drive both the hara and the conversion - like ANY car when set up right both are very competetive ( the long arm more so) and more importantly durable.

My 2 on this matter...
talbotbid011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbotbid011 View Post
This statement is at best misleading. As someone who has done the conversion I can tell you with surety that you will not "almost make another buggy out of all the parts that are left over"

On another note I drive both the hara and the conversion - like ANY car when set up right both are very competetive ( the long arm more so) and more importantly durable.

My 2 on this matter...
well, the tc has a D8S, so he needs to get a hara conversion first, and then the lighting/kyosho parts.

I recommend to not go overboard with the D8S and just wait for the official conversion/kit release from HB.

As for the CR8, I say it is canned (at least the original design). There is no sense in making two cars. The most likely outcome is a narrow metal chassis version with the geometry of the conversions being tested now. Will it carry the same name, especially that they had a product number assigned already to the CR8?
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
well, the tc has a D8S, so he needs to get a hara conversion first, and then the lighting/kyosho parts.

I recommend to not go overboard with the D8S and just wait for the official conversion/kit release from HB.

As for the CR8, I say it is canned (at least the original design). There is no sense in making two cars. The most likely outcome is a narrow metal chassis version with the geometry of the conversions being tested now. Will it carry the same name, especially that they had a product number assigned already to the CR8?
Just for the record. Jesse and/or Josh stated that it was their intention to market two buggys. The CR8 was to be upscale and the D8 was down a tad in price. Whether it will happen, who knows.

Since the long arm D8 conversion seems to have proved to be useful, perhaps the CR8 is being long armed and that is the delay. Again, time will tell.

Tags
cr8, d8 hara, hara, hotbodies