R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Just for the record. Jesse and/or Josh stated that it was their intention to market two buggys. The CR8 was to be upscale and the D8 was down a tad in price. Whether it will happen, who knows.

Since the long arm D8 conversion seems to have proved to be useful, perhaps the CR8 is being long armed and that is the delay. Again, time will tell.
It'd be nice if there were two chassis, kind of like how Tamiya has different "grades" for the same class. But, there are huge differences between the TRF and TA versions. The TA series can be made competitive if you put enough money into it. But at that point, you might as well buy the TRF grade. But here is the catch. On/off-road electric has a stock and mod class. The two cars mentioned are effective in respect to what class they were designed for. So their existence has a purpose.

What about nitro? -only one class. So why would you buy something that won't work too well against the "higher" end cars unless you spend lots of money? This becomes even more of a moot point when the D8 already can hold its own.

I think HB tried too hard in making something innovative while not letting go of what they had. I don't think you can have both. Now they are moving in the direction that the RC8 did, convertible but different. Result?: a car that works with extended product life. I waited an entire year for the CR8, only to be disappointed. I hope HB can get something good out by the end of the year.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
psr
Tech Regular

i disagree rember the tamiya tb chassis cars compared to the trf two very competive cars but completly diffrent

now hb have messed up big time with the rush of trying to release the cr8 this is my take on it it will come and it will be a great car that will smash the competition,a very bold statement i agree but it has a few issues but its so close to being released just every one wait but what about all this long arm crap

hb have invested too much coin in the cr8 project to just can the idea

hb have needed to keep selling cars the hbd8 in this case to keep the accountants happy so to speak
To keep the designers paid and the engineers paid the cad drawers paid etc.

You get my drift,they also need to keep the market going hence the reason to keep producing the d8 they also need to keep young players in the brand so thats a nother reason to keep pushing it,keep the name out there

now its by pure luck the long arm conversion has proved it works so well.
Its easier for now to release the long arm version wich technialy is only a up grade, with hardley any new tooling to make the kits complete. but trust me the cr8 with its awesome features will be the chassie to run in the future they just need to get the chassie to stop braking wicj they will
psr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cr8, d8 hara, hara, hotbodies