R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Losi 3.0?

Alright, I'm bringing this up because me and a couple buddies of mine have been talking. Im not positive, but I think right now the Losi 2.0 is the oldest racer nitro buggy currently (correct me if i'm wrong) with Durango that just came out with there V2 buggy earlier this year. Kyoshos coming out with their new buggy after its debut win at NEO 2012 and others previously coming out, it seems like losi needs a new car. Some people may know that losi or TLR is testing new stuff on their nitro buggy (which a lot of people found out during Nitro Challenge) and seems like it just has new towers and maybe shocks(which I noticed at The Silver State race). Well to the point... I just wanted to ask people what they think should be the next buggy or possibly just new parts for the 2.0. Do you think it should be a whole new layout/chassis/everything (like they have been doing with their electric 2wds? 22 and 22T) or just change a few things on the 2.0? To me I think TLR should come out with something new and fresh like they have been doing with the 22 and 22T on their electric 1/10 side. It would be nice to see something new from TLR. (this is just for opinions and ideas I'm not associated with losi/TLR, so please dont criticize me)

MBX7R - Beat B5 - AKA - Airtronics
MBX7T - Beat BT7 - AKA - Airtronics
Cult Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not too sure what else most racers would want in that car?

I do hear that a 8ight 3.0 may be coming as for what exactly it will or will not come with is just a guess to a point.

Seems things spotted on some of the Team cars were:
GenIII radio tray
New rear shock tower (might be a front too)
Center front universal (instead of the CVD style they had been using)
Maybe a new chassis (longer I think)

It's not enough for a total new car, IMO. Yet I'm pretty sure they got something planned to go with some of the things already spotted. In the high tech world we live in, it's hard to keep a secret for too long.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Tech Elite

I "heard" that they are just updates, like all the rest of the chassis just updates to the current setup. Im not expecting a complete new car.

The thing with the 22 and 22T is revitalizing the class. The 8ight is still a good chassis. All the other companies are just catching up.

Now all Team TLR needs to do is WIN a few races. I think the 8ight is more than capable. I think they slacked off the last couple years with the debut of 22 and the push to win with that.

Plus this is Worlds Year, if they had a new chassis, I would have expected to see something already.

Just my opinions.
token is offline   Reply With Quote