R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Fuel Gun which Brand - No Leaking

I've been noticing some fuel guns do leak personally don't own was looking to buy one. I want one that's going to last and NOT leak any suggestions.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The nova gun is the nicest I have ever used but the tubes inside cracked and there are no parts replacement so my $100 Gun is useless.

I have been using a protek gun since I swapped it at a raffle and it works good. Hasn't leaked yet.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Frank do you have any idea what caused the cracking in your Nova Rossi fuel gun?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

i just picked up a vp pro gen 2 fuel gun.

question for those that use a fuel gun, do you use a gun with a truggy? does your gun reach the tank through the top of the truggy body? did you just keep making the hole in the top of the body bigger until the gun reaches the tank?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
Frank do you have any idea what caused the cracking in your Nova Rossi fuel gun?
I guess it could have been dropped but I would think it would withstand that. 1 day I pulled it out to use it and it was leaking all over the place. That's when I discovered the tubes were cracked so it sits in the cabinet now
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

This has to be the sweetest one I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
The new Rw mods fuel gun, sorry I am not making them. Loved my Rb gun but will like it better seeing the fuel in it now.

Rex
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If you take apart the gun you buy and stretch the spring so it has more tension it stops the leaking. Also WD-40 on the trigger and moving part helps it close and seal better. I use a $30 VP fuel gun and it works great with no leaking.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Wow thats a GUN thanks guys i pitted for a buddy his gunwas fast but it was leaking wasnt sure if that was common. I seems that protek, losi maybe VP use the same manufacture just rebadged they look the same.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

About the leaking... you have to keep the gun angled downward or it'll leak out the back. You can't point the nozzle upwards... that's why some have stands to keep the angle downward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
I seems that protek, losi maybe VP use the same manufacture just rebadged they look the same.
Durango, Protek, VP, Jammin, RB are all clones of one another. The only difference is 150cc vs 200cc reservoirs.

And if you don't like spending $30 on a gun... Save $24 and deal with the headache of HK shipping: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14453
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
About the leaking... you have to keep the gun angled downward or it'll leak out the back. You can't point the nozzle upwards... that's why some have stands to keep the angle downward.

Durango, Protek, VP, Jammin, RB are all clones of one another. The only difference is 150cc vs 200cc reservoirs.

And if you don't like spending $30 on a gun... Save $24 and deal with the headache of HK shipping: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14453
WOW Thats Cheap
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post

Several comments on the HobbyKing page for this item report slight leakage with the nozzle down. Is this common for most guns on the market?
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Every gun I have ever seen or used has leaked no matter the brand. I use the $100 Novarossi Fuel gun and it leaks also. The more I use it throughout the day the less it will leak, I guess the o rings swell from the fuel. Me and my buddies usually just wait until the pit lap and use a fuel bottle to fill the gun, and then use the gun to fuel the car. This way the fuel isn't sitting in the gun any loner than a minute no matter what. If you simply fill the gun and let it sit more than likely it will be empty when you need it.
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Hum maybe your need to stretch the spring as Jazz stated someone should make a bullet proof gun at a low cost.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have one like the HobbyKing gun. Identical, save for the Caster badging(door prize). It leaks for sure regardless of what angle you hold it at.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
i just picked up a vp pro gen 2 fuel gun.

question for those that use a fuel gun, do you use a gun with a truggy? does your gun reach the tank through the top of the truggy body? did you just keep making the hole in the top of the body bigger until the gun reaches the tank?
I use the Losi gun on my RC8T. I have the Proline Bulldog body on my truggy. Yes, I just keep making the hole bigger until the gun reaches the tank.

I've never seen a fuel gun that doesn't leak to be honest. I don't use my fuel gun because i'm the one behind the remote not in pit lane, but I have asked my dad who fuels me if my gun leaks and he said, "it sure does lol I just fill it up the lap before you come in and let it drip pointing down".