Wiki Posts
Search

hyper 9?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default hyper 9?

I have been looking around and it seems that the hyper 9 and the hyper star are the same buggy basicly. Am i right or am I missing something
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Most newer buggies are based on its predecessor. Take a look at the Kyosho Inferno and MP series.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 AM
H9
Tech Adept

The same, but different. Detailed build of the Hyper Star here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...uild-pics.html
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default Hyper

The hyperstar has a pivot ball suspension front end and the throttle and brake linkages are completely different. same arms front and rear but the rest is different.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 AM
H9
Tech Adept

Arms are different too... not much is the same - servo saver and ackerman were about all that hadn't changed. I have one of each buggy sitting 10 feet from me!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

how do you like the Hyper compared to your Sabre?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
how do you like the Hyper compared to your Sabre?
The Sabre is a much better car than the Hyper Star, the Star has too much push in and out of the corners it takes alot setup for it to work right, it has stability but too much. I loved the Hyper 9 but it is no longer made you would have to find it used. Now that one turned so good but the balance of the engine made it go off a jump off balance so you have to keep with it. The Sabre feels good over the jumps no need to make the balance for it off the jump, the steering and speed is very well and has a very good balance of stabilty when on power, just from the manual settings it will feel very good and when making changes you will feel the difference. For price of a high end buggy it's more than impressive.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
The Sabre is a much better car than the Hyper Star, the Star has too much push in and out of the corners it takes alot setup for it to work right, it has stability but too much. I loved the Hyper 9 but it is no longer made you would have to find it used. Now that one turned so good but the balance of the engine made it go off a jump off balance so you have to keep with it. The Sabre feels good over the jumps no need to make the balance for it off the jump, the steering and speed is very well and has a very good balance of stabilty when on power, just from the manual settings it will feel very good and when making changes you will feel the difference. For price of a high end buggy it's more than impressive.
i had a different feel with my old 9 (as far as jumping goes), so i can't say i agree. taking 5th at worlds means it was competitive, but i thank you for answering about how the PBS has changed the car..

it seems once they finally revamped the car, the put the wrong front-end on it.

thanks guys
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
i had a different feel with my old 9 (as far as jumping goes), so i can't say i agree. taking 5th at worlds means it was competitive, but i thank you for answering about how the PBS has changed the car..

it seems once they finally revamped the car, the put the wrong front-end on it.

thanks guys
Yes it took 5th at the worlds and Kortz drove the heck out of it, but you have to remember the stock car is not the same car Jeremy was running, he moved alot of things round to get what he needed for the car to perform. Hobao has not follwed what he did to improve on the car instead we changed front suspension and now the car is too stable on med to high bite tracks. It does great when it's really loose but still has a middle push. I wish they would have kept the 9 and did the changes Jeremy made to improve its weight dist. The parts that were on Jeremy's buggy for the worlds was a 6mm long rear chassis that now on the start, he had to drill and relocate stuff to make it work. He had the chassis a year before we even knew about and asked me when we were getting them, I said I didn't even know about it, it was something they were still testing but did not release till the STar.