Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Mugen MBX-6 'US Spec'

No longer a rumour

Kind of old news but anywho

Discuss and be merry
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

lol its all good. I just want to know the release date.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

My guess would be around Neo12 possibly? Or at their Silverstate meeting. Just like they released their V2 springs, and where they ran the truggy tower, and also where Hara's buggy was spotted using different HB parts?

I hope they bring out a revised rear tower, maybe a truggy orientated design
Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i would be surprised if a truggy tower is included because you have to use kyosho springs to get it to work. i used the new mugen springs, E0582, but you still have to back the collars all the way up to get the correct ride height and my car flat out worked better with the yellow kyosho springs.

judging by the photo on neobuggy, it looks as though the aluminum axles are included as well. so maybe this is simply a full option kit at a deep discount?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by o.s. power
i would be surprised if a truggy tower is included because you have to use kyosho springs to get it to work. i used the new mugen springs, E0582, but you still have to back the collars all the way up to get the correct ride height and my car flat out worked better with the yellow kyosho springs.

judging by the photo on neobuggy, it looks as though the aluminum axles are included as well. so maybe this is simply a full option kit at a deep discount?
Possibly! Although, when i ran the truggy tower, i didnt have any issues, running second from end holes on tower, and outside on arms. All i had to do was go up from 400 to 450wt in the rear to compensate for the 'lack' of downtravel due to the shocks being raised.
Be awesome if they brought the original rear tower and simply added/moved the existing holes out toward the hubs.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power

The new super soft Mugen springs work well
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
The new super soft Mugen springs work well
yes they do i like them
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Agreed.

As their a different ratio, it takes much less time to compress under load compared to the originals.

One thing i would like to see is the revision of their wing mounts, just for a little extra adjustment
Old 03-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny I was just talking to the m2c man about a differant wing mount last weekend at the track. I was thinking some kind of slider rack for the top. To adjust forward and backwards. It would probably be more feesable to just redesign the monts with more holes in it. Sux you can't go forward or backwards without going up or down. wouldn't surprise me if he has something for this one day. Just an idea i had in the shop. But I mainly only tell a differance in the two options we have in flight. The way it takes off of a ramp and soars. Hard to tell a differance on the ground. unless a high speed big track.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Exactly.
Heres a video of our current track, including a ski ramp in the far right corner that you hit flat out! Alot of guys come off that jump wrong and end up cartwheeling over the fence Heaps of high speed, and massive air time areas on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7fs...4&feature=plcp
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so i am running the truggy tower in my mbx6 and in the arms i did some mods and made another hole to the outside of the arms and dremeled the arms to make it work..it works so well i car land my car at a 45 degree angle or more and keep on pushing..i think someone else should try it just to see how it works
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

what chassis will it come with the 6r chassis or the eu spec chassis?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

6r chassis, this i can confirm with mugen.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zachattak
6r chassis, this i can confirm with mugen.
thanks mate!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zachattak
Exactly.
Heres a video of our current track, including a ski ramp in the far right corner that you hit flat out! Alot of guys come off that jump wrong and end up cartwheeling over the fence Heaps of high speed, and massive air time areas on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf7fs...4&feature=plcp
arr yes i remember that jump a few guys I race with have nick named that fence "the cheese grater" for various reasons
that zactrek 500 heli vid is insane!

Last edited by aussies1129; 03-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.