Parts support for Kyosho MP777 buggies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parts support for Kyosho MP777 buggies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Parts support for Kyosho MP777 buggies?

Do these buggies still have good parts support? I was recently given an MP777 as I am interested in 1/8 scale buggy, but I don't want to dive into a buggy that I can't get parts for. Ideally, I'd like to run this buggy for a season or two before upgrading to a newer chassis.

My question about parts support stems from a wish list I had started with Amain Hobbies. I had added an SP front chassis support(KYOIFW323F), but when I looked it up today, the site said "product not found". Can anyone shed some light on this? I know this car is a dinosaur, but I'm not sure that I want to drop coin on a new car yet. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

check out infernosonly.com THey have a good amount of parts for the 777
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the link! Looks like they have a good stash of parts. Do you know if Kyosho is going to continue to make 777 parts for a while longer?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

amainhobbies.com
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sergey D
amainhobbies.com
Thanks. Amain was who I was going to use. I had a wish list saved, but a part I needed ended not available. Not back ordered, the part number doesn't exist on the website any more. That's why I was asking if parts for the 777 are being discontinued.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I race one, and have never had a problem finding spares. Even stuff for the newest cars goes on back order at times.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by likeaboss
I race one, and have never had a problem finding spares. Even stuff for the newest cars goes on back order at times.
Nice! I am hoping to get a season or two out of this buggy before I move an MP9, and I am hoping Kyosho continues to make spares for the 777 for a while longer.

The part number I was going to order was on Amain's site when I made my wish list. However, that same part number came up as "product not found" when I went to order it two days later. I see part numbers show up as back ordered, but this one looks like it's out of the system on Amain's site. I don't know if Amain is trimming back their 777 part inventory just because, or if it's because Kyosho isn't making 777 parts any more.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Parts support for mp777 and mp7.5

Hiya folks!

If you've noticed, kyosho tends to "downgrade" it's stable of race level are buggies to entry level kits or rtr packages, once a new buggy platform is out.

In this case, mp9 is the most current platform.

Mp777 is still being used as a platform for the truggy class (they just only released the st-rr evo! Still based on mp777)

Mp7.5 is now sold as rtr (inferno Neo) and gt on-road class. This means that parts supply for all 3 platforms are still in good supply!

I wouldn't worry about parts support. If I were still running a mp777, I'd worry about setup and competiveness...

The mp9 is a wayyyyyyyy better car, handling wise; it's faster on acceleration ( cos of lighter transmission and overall weight.

More likely, you'll just have a lot less fun cos the other kyosho drivers can out wheel your car(assuming you have same driving skill).

with the newest incarnation of mp9 (tki3), you get the best car there is. I'd say retire the mp777 or sell it cheap to a kid or noob who wants to start gp buggy on a budget...

-Alexander
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by foampervert
Hiya folks!

If you've noticed, kyosho tends to "downgrade" it's stable of race level are buggies to entry level kits or rtr packages, once a new buggy platform is out.

In this case, mp9 is the most current platform.

Mp777 is still being used as a platform for the truggy class (they just only released the st-rr evo! Still based on mp777)

Mp7.5 is now sold as rtr (inferno Neo) and gt on-road class. This means that parts supply for all 3 platforms are still in good supply!

I wouldn't worry about parts support. If I were still running a mp777, I'd worry about setup and competiveness...

The mp9 is a wayyyyyyyy better car, handling wise; it's faster on acceleration ( cos of lighter transmission and overall weight.

More likely, you'll just have a lot less fun cos the other kyosho drivers can out wheel your car(assuming you have same driving skill).

with the newest incarnation of mp9 (tki3), you get the best car there is. I'd say retire the mp777 or sell it cheap to a kid or noob who wants to start gp buggy on a budget...

-Alexander
Thanks for the reply! Since parts supply should be no trouble, I'm going to start on the 777. Unfortunately, I am a noob in 1/8 scale buggy, but I think that this will be an excellent platform to learn on. Now that I won't have to worry about parts, I can get to work! Thanks again!