R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default clutch question

Hello,

I have 2 questions how often do I need to change clutch and clutch springs on a 1/8 off road buggy?
How do you understand that it needs change. I am using aluminium shoes for about 5-6 gallons and I see minimal wear of the shoes.
Is there another aspect that need to check except shoe wear ? How do you understand if the clutch is worn out when driving the car?
I do not understand the boging and sliping terms that i find on the forum, can you please explain.

Another question, I am using ko propo eurus Tx. Do you thing that a drop down wheel is a must for that transmitter?
What will be the benefits of adding one. I am alittle bit concerned about the added weight on the transmitter. how much more
the transmitter will weight?

Thanks...
mike80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
Tech Addict

if your getting 5-6 gallons and your clutch isn't worn out please tell us what you are using.
slipping is when the shoes are very worn and small, the motor will need to rev high to try and get the clutch to engage, at that point to you are usually down to the springs touching the bell also...bogging is when the clutch is too early or below the rev range the motor needs to make enough power, it can also be a tuning issue.
If you change the shoes do springs and bearings also, if the inside of the clutchbell is uneven replace that to if you can't dremel it back into shape.

dropdown wheels is just a personal choice and i doubt you would notice the weight
Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

+1 Please tell us what clutch you are using to go through that much fuel and not be worn out.
Yes drop down adapters are are comfort add on and are very light so it is just whither you like it or not.
Proline
J Concepts
Rock333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock333 View Post
+1 Please tell us what clutch you are using to go through that much fuel and not be worn out.
Yes drop down adapters are are comfort add on and are very light so it is just whither you like it or not.
I am using xray clutch. fioroni clutch bell...
mike80 is offline   Reply With Quote