R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default TIRES&TIRES Buggy & Truggy Nitro Crazy

We all or some fall under the crazy tire category buy buy buy I run new tires often not alone trying new patterns pending track conditions tonight I figured lets count since I just bought four new truggy sets during my counting I felt stupid and poor I have +15 sets for truggy and +20 new sets for buggy not alone all my used tires. I'm tired of trying to keep them organized I used two bins in my trucks and two big bins in my house for storage.

How do you guys keep your tires organized I like the dial bags with containers there's no way I'm buying for all my tires I'm stupid enough for buying all these tires. Can you post your method some use zip lock bags but post your method would be awesome if I could buy those tubes and caps making my own dial bags.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Personally I tend to just use the tire bags that tires, foams, and wheels come with, just about all the tire mfg.'s have them now and many people will toss them. So you can usually score some for free at the track(s). The stock bags seem to work fine.

I have used some Zip Lock bags, and for buggy they are pretty nice. Truggy not so much. 4 truggy tires don't always seem to want to fit in the bag like the buggy tires do.

The tubes that dialed uses for the tires, could or should be able to be bought if you can find a supplier, just get the right measurements and you should be good. The caps, might be a bit harder to find, but I'm sure they're out there on the market somewhere.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
Tech Regular

yea i use the bags that the tyres come in or use the fastrax tyre spikes.

you could also use a length of wooden dowel with a hole drilled in the end for a body clip i guess as a cheaper alternative,or even some cheap threaded bar and nut on the end?

storage wise i use large plastic storage tubs that hold about 20 sets of wheels and tyres in each and are stackable.

when you get the tyres new,write on the inside of the rim what tyre and compound they are and a number..makes it easier to match and track several of the same sets of tyres should you mix them up.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Use bag the tires came in. As for storage, I have two gorilla boxes that I used to ship all my stuff back from Iraq.

Pros: They hold a butt load of tires
Cons: They hold a butt load of tires
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Original packaging or ziplocs. Everyone has the size bag that holds 4 buggy tires flat but there are some bigger ones that hold 4 truggy tires the same way. I think they just say jumbo on the box.

As for containers, I'm a cheapskate. I just use boxes that stuff has come in. That way I save the container money to buy more tires! Lol!

On a similar note my racing buddies and I have a debate going over how much difference tires really make. We all feel the comfort with the new ones but they say that in testing on the watch there is very little if any difference. I'm a tire addict so I tend to disagree. I am paranoid of being at the track an wishing I had brought another tire pattern or compound so I end up bringing 20+ sets and usually use 2 or so!
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I don't have a lot of the manufacturing bags I get most of my tires seperatly. I want to keep the wheels stored in sets. I found some wheel spikes on eBay for cheap last night also I'm looking around to making my own dial bags. Buggy ones I picked up some zip lock bags they fit nicely in the bag your able to organize in a row. Was hoping for more ideas my issue is I get my tires sent as singles well most their boxed up without bags etc.