Wiki Posts
Search

Droop Setup question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Droop Setup question

Hi there,

How can I determine if I need more or less droop front or rear on my buggy?
Overall my buggy is handling ok except that it oversteers on the exit of the turns, I would like to minimize that effect. can I use less droop up front in order to reduce that behaviour?

On a track that is really ratted with a lot of stones shall I go bigger piston holes or smaller if the buggy is bouncing on the springs? or I only need havier oil ?
thanks...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

More droop is going to allow your car to obviously settle more around corners etc, you'll notice that fast in to a corner with small droop can cause the car to roll less. I find running on grass which is high traction, that not enough droop causes the car to not dig enough under power, where as too much droop causes it to bog down.

With the shocks - there's a few factors that affect the ride and how the suspension absorbs ruts etc - piston hole, amount of holes, shock oil, springs, preload, shock position. If I were you, try the simple ones first, ie shock position, spring rates, pre load as they are simple and can be done at the track in a short amount of time (between races) - then if that doesn't help, try the oil and pistons.

I've found it best to try 1 thing at a time, so you can pin point which change was the one that worked.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is a good read:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461

so is this:

http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide
Old 04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

I know exactly what you are talking about. Depending on what car you have I would first reduce caster. this is usually the first thing I change on a car. It gives the car increased low speed steering for keeping on the inside of turns but reduces on power steering that can make the car a handful to drive.

I'm not getting into the droop debate.