R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #46
Tech Rookie

its not all about coating. its also about relations.
bladder vs shaft. all vs shock body volume, travel, angle used.
at 90* degree piston has greatest speed.

kyosho shock has ~0.2mm smaller piston vs body. u wont even notice if the shaft is bent its still drivable.

think what would happen if bladder cant compensate volume of shaft
example scenario:

bladder space Volume = 198.21 cubic millimeters
shaft alltheway in: 341.55 cubic millimeters

what happens for oil flow thru piston if at some point bladder has no space left? cant produce smooth response for shaft movement.

most of these absorbers are just mixing the air/oil. and we cant even call them shocks after 3minutes. more like foam pump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=W4ZZYqRVzLc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejirK...eature=related

think about the difference between oil flow with losi 4mm shaft and 3.5shaft that most of them uses. at 90's they were 3mm.

There is huge %tual difference between these shocks and what they do and when.

1mm in this scale, is not faraway from lightyear in physics

//Jyva JQProducts

Last edited by oddbird; 03-29-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: source
oddbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Really you had to take it there? 1mm in scale is not far away from 1.1mm or .9mm, but a light year in physics come on. Sorry I had to be the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbird View Post
1mm in this scale, is not faraway from lightyear in physics
Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #49
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
Really you had to take it there? 1mm in scale is not far away from 1.1mm or .9mm, but a light year in physics come on. Sorry I had to be the one.
*fix worm in cheese. and then continue with the original subject

i just hear ppl saying that everyone have tried to photocopy kyoshos shocks, i havent seen single one. they all have either different hole lenght or piston diameter or volume, bladder and thickness, and we cannot even talk about same subject. like someone said earlier, why to wonder, drive them.

been following this show now since early 90's. Kyosho has always had a slight advantage in materials, no need to deny that. gap is getting smaller. if someone has driven crono in 90's he knows what im talking about.

ps. pro version, TT eb-4 had dogbones in rear, why? someone could start new thread on that

around we go.
oddbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Default I still have a Crono RS01!!

That thing is a hell of a lot of work to keep up with Modern cars but it is fun to bring her out once in a while.

I've seen all cars break equally at my track man...the gap is getting closer...although I have to say I drove a TKI2 a couple weeks ago and was blown away...imagine how good ties Franken-D8 must have been to blow all those mp-9's away...oh wait it is the driver not the car - unless it is a Kyosho right
talbotbid011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbotbid011 View Post
That thing is a hell of a lot of work to keep up with Modern cars but it is fun to bring her out once in a while.

I've seen all cars break equally at my track man...the gap is getting closer...although I have to say I drove a TKI2 a couple weeks ago and was blown away...imagine how good ties Franken-D8 must have been to blow all those mp-9's away...oh wait it is the driver not the car - unless it is a Kyosho right
Sorry Ty's Franken D8...the one that turned a lap more than any other car with the Kyosho shocks! if it wasn't for those things he would have been in the D...
Old 03-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Ty was on his A-game at DNC he was near flawless all week shocks alone can't accomplish the task...
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default D8

And he only used the rear kyosho if I'm not mistaken.
Sidewinder fuel
Upgrade Rc
Drip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #54
psr
Tech Regular

I hate it when peole argue sirmatics (spelling) about a product manafacture etc

tk2 shocks wont fit all applications its horses for courses same as d8 etc some times they work better in diffrent cars with diffrent mods its all about the geomotery guys .

and levarage keep the big therioes out and just work with simple explanations were racing toy cars not new viruses

btw was not hong nor the first with big bore shocks
psr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Losi
Old 03-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Exactly, the mp9 shocks where used for goemetry reasons, the length was needed for the track, hot bodies shocks are very short compared to many others.

But no, now its just that the shocks are better, because they're even smoother and prettier than all other shocks that have ti-ni shafts, teflon pistons and coatings, etc. lol

Smooth is good, I wont say it isnt, but you will not notice that difference on a 1/8 buggy going through 15ft jumps and rough/ rythim sections.

just imagine the force applied to the shocks by a 7+ puond car! the difference in smoothnes from the average shock to the best becomes negligible.

Shock volume, sealing, and length go over smoothness in terms of importance the heavier the car is.

Again, smooth is good, but when you see the differences in smoothness from the best shock to the worst, the difference is probably null, at least in this league.

That like saying that you notice the difference between ti-ni shafts and non coated ones... yeah right!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Smile hopefully you realize i was being sarchastic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Ty was on his A-game at DNC he was near flawless all week shocks alone can't accomplish the task...
I have a HaraD8 (heavily modded)a Losi 2.0 (gen III R.T.)and a 2nd hand but great shape MP9 TKi2(with TKi1 rear end) . I really couldn't tell which shock was smoother - if anything it was the D8 shocks but that car has been run less...