Wiki Posts
Search

Help With RC Trailer????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Help With RC Trailer????

Well, looked and could not find exactly what I wanted. I mostly burn nitro so hopefully this is the right place. I want an enclosed trailer about 5x10 and not real high. Looking for something that will fit in the garage. I have a lot of stuff and it is a pain to load and unload the car now. Most enclosed trailers are too tall from what I have seen. I just want to back it in and park it in the garage and forget it, and have a nice work area. Anybody have one they know will fit in their garage? Any pictures of it??????
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default trailer

I got a 6x10 with a low torsion axle not springs. It pulls good.not for sale!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
I got a 6x10 with a low torsion axle not springs. It pulls good.not for sale!!!!!!
And you can fit in a normal 2-car garage no problem? Not too high?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Your search maybe tough. I bought a trailer last year (7x16 V Nose) and enjoy it but it certainly will not fit in my garage! The height is going to be the main issue for you depending on what size your doors are. I believe most doors are 7 ft but you need to measure. Also consider how you will access the trailer to use it as work area while in the garage. I am 5'6" and my trailer has roughly just over 6 ft ceiling. Works well for me but others have to duck or bang their heads! If I could do it over again, I would've opted for taller trailer and paid the upcharge.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sugelle
Your search maybe tough. I bought a trailer last year (7x16 V Nose) and enjoy it but it certainly will not fit in my garage! The height is going to be the main issue for you depending on what size your doors are. I believe most doors are 7 ft but you need to measure. Also consider how you will access the trailer to use it as work area while in the garage. I am 5'6" and my trailer has roughly just over 6 ft ceiling. Works well for me but others have to duck or bang their heads! If I could do it over again, I would've opted for taller trailer and paid the upcharge.
Yes I am over 6 feet but I have been in a few trailers not real tall at the track. Just cant stand, but can sit on a nice stool over a workbench and it is pretty comnfortable.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'd go for something like this, still nice and low for your garage, has the side door for access in the garage, then the top opens up when your at the track and you can take the family camping if you like...

Cheers
Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I bought a 5x8 workforce trailer from home depot. It's def. not big enough to work out of and it barley clears my garage by like an inch. Your not going to find something tall enough to work out of and fit in the garage . I use mine just for transport from house to the track
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

I race with a guy and he had a trailer custom built and fully finished from Millenium trailers in Indianapolis. It fits in his garage no problem and isn't real tall. I can not stand up in it, but sitting on a normal stool it is really comnfortable. I can work out of it no problem and he works out of it all week long getting the cars ready. It is a 5x10 or a 6x10. All cabintery, outlets, lights were done by Millenium. Tons of storage and laid out really well!!! It is a v-nose with a nice window upfront. Fits in a garage no problem. I just do not want to spend $5,000 like he did to get it all custom built. It is sweet though. Just looking for some alternatives.....
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why not build it yourself?

It is really easy (once you have a trailer lol) to build the body you want with the square section aluminium tubing and plastic joiners. Just hacksaw the lengths and click it all together.
Then sheet it with 0.8mm sign sheeting and glue it on with Sikaflex or similar polyurethane like motor body builders use. No rivets, no welding, no fuss.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a 6x12 trailer all ready out fitted to go racing
Steve Forester on Facebook
I have pics on there
or call I can text them to you

BIG STEVE