R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default go motor mounts dont fit ninja motor?

Ive got a xb808 '11. I have been running go and nova motors for awhile now, but ran in to a great deal on a ninja.

But I can't get the ninja bolted to the motor mounts. Are the mounts for go/ninja different than the is/ninja motors? The ninja seems to be more narrow than the go.
quickques88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Tech Master

the xray quick change motor mounts come for both versions of motor blocks..nova based and O.S based. I Ran alphas and Go's on my one mount and when i got my first O.S i had to get the other set of mounting blocks too...sucks but thats the way it is

EDIT: and as far as i know the first ninjas were nova based so that is why your nova fir that mount. the new ninjas are all O.S based
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Friends who run mugens are like "What?". Do the mugens and such not have this problem? I don't get it. Why would they be different for xrays, but the same for mugens?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Tech Master

do you run the hopup xray quick change mounting block? if you run the stock silver xray ones everything should fit, just check your orientation.As for mugens... people with mugens shouldnt say anything, mugen doesnt even make a quick change motor mount I almost exclusively run my mugen now..the xray is on the shelf. like stated, i used to luv having the quick change option for engines on my xray...but since my mugen i just stick with the stock blocks that come in the kit....they wotk exactly the same as the ones that come with the stock xray...so like i said..just let us know what you have

EDIT: here is a pic of the one piece quick change mount for the xray. the top two blocks are different for Nova or O.S based motors
Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

I've got the quick change mounts. But the guy with a mugen has their one peice mounts, and both motor work.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickques88 View Post
I've got the quick change mounts. But the guy with a mugen has their one peice mounts, and both motor work.
they probably have kingz heads one or some other aftermarket ones...and yes they can be used on both types of engines by swopping them around. like stated..the xray ones dont work like that unfortunately. so you can either buy a new kingz heads one for roughly the price as the mounting blocks for the xray one..or you could just get the new xray mounting blocks since you already made the initial investment of getting the one piece bottom part.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I just made the dude hang up on me. I told him that if the mugen one piece mounts fit both motors, and the xray ones don't, them basic math tells us that the mugen mounts have less tolerance to them than xray. He has a need to believe that anything mugen is automatically better than xray.
He demanded I tell him where the "slop" is in his mounts. I told him it doesn't matter. If mugen mounts fit motors with a difference in hole centers, and xray don't, then the tolerances have to be less on the mugen. He said he won't argue tolerances, and hung up.