R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to ClaBarre61
Default 1/10 Redcat racing vortex SS engine upgrade

Hey all...I am new to the forums, so I apologize in advance for my newbie questions. But here it goes.... I just ordered a 1/10 scale Redcat Racing vortex SS nitro s/c truck, and I'm looking to hopefully find some local r/c hobby shops that race that scale. Currently the vehicle comes with a .18 engine and I would like to get a more powerful engine for racing. I was browsing tower hobbies and came across an o.s 19xz-b speed ABC engine, but am not sure if this will work/fit in the vehicle. Can someone give me some guidance and or suggest a list of items from engine, exhaust, suspension and other drive train items that I would need to get this vehicle to a competitive status. I apologize again if this question or questions is stupid, but just starting out I'm looking for as much information as I can get. Thank you all in advance that are willing to steer me in the correct direction.

Chris
ClaBarre61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaBarre61 View Post
Hey all...I am new to the forums, so I apologize in advance for my newbie questions. But here it goes.... I just ordered a 1/10 scale Redcat Racing vortex SS nitro s/c truck, and I'm looking to hopefully find some local r/c hobby shops that race that scale. Currently the vehicle comes with a .18 engine and I would like to get a more powerful engine for racing. I was browsing tower hobbies and came across an o.s 19xz-b speed ABC engine, but am not sure if this will work/fit in the vehicle. Can someone give me some guidance and or suggest a list of items from engine, exhaust, suspension and other drive train items that I would need to get this vehicle to a competitive status. I apologize again if this question or questions is stupid, but just starting out I'm looking for as much information as I can get. Thank you all in advance that are willing to steer me in the correct direction.

Chris
A 1/10 scale nitro powered 4x4 with a 2 speed. Doubt that you'll find a class to race in. I'd hold off with the upgrades and just enjoy bashing it.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply and info...I've noticed with viewing a lot of races on YouTube, that 1:8 scale buggy/truggy are by far the most popular with racing. Is 2wd racing more popular than 4wd? I'd like to stick with 4wd nitro, short course is more appealing to me, but if buggy/truggy is where its at then , I'll make my next purchase one of the two...unless anyone can suggest what would be the best bet?.... Thanks .
Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply and info...I've noticed with viewing a lot of races on YouTube, that 1:8 scale buggy/truggy are by far the most popular with racing. Is 2wd racing more popular than 4wd? I'd like to stick with 4wd nitro, short course is more appealing to me, but if buggy/truggy is where its at then , I'll make my next purchase one of the two...unless anyone can suggest what would be the best bet?.... Thanks .