R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

All points are good, but I think we are jumping off the bridge before getting to it. My questions is IF the design is groundbreaking, would make all else seem I don't know... old? or incomplete? you get the idea.

I mean, at the end of the day yes the best driver will beat me all day long with any car even a 30 year old car. But that's not the point, the point is if the car is good enough that it makes YOU better, will we be willing to pay more for it? even if it looks different?

If all companies needed for Tebo or Cav or Hara there would be no more than 5 cars out there.

I'm talking about we guys, if the buggy makes us better, are we buying it?

And all this is just brain farting, its a general observation at the market, it seems we are craving for something that can only be done if someone goes out of the box big time or invests a lot more on the design.

In addition, I dont think I'm more intelligent than the next guy, but I think the available cars, all of them, are far from optimized in various areas.
xemanuelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madblu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xemanuelli View Post
All points are good, but I think we are jumping off the bridge before getting to it. My questions is IF the design is groundbreaking, would make all else seem I don't know... old? or incomplete? you get the idea.

I mean, at the end of the day yes the best driver will beat me all day long with any car even a 30 year old car. But that's not the point, the point is if the car is good enough that it makes YOU better, will we be willing to pay more for it? even if it looks different?

If all companies needed for Tebo or Cav or Hara there would be no more than 5 cars out there.

I'm talking about we guys, if the buggy makes us better, are we buying it?

And all this is just brain farting, its a general observation at the market, it seems we are craving for something that can only be done if someone goes out of the box big time or invests a lot more on the design.
Finding a car that fit you and practice make you better. Plain and simple.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by madblu2 View Post
Finding a car that fit you and practice make you better. Plain and simple.
Although that is always a good practice, you are ignoring the rest of the world, if it were that way no company ever tried to improve their products.

The best products will always have the best performance all things being equal that's just a fact
xemanuelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default Show me

I would think there is a market for any design if indeed it's better but for 1500 dollars for a toy car it would need to be a night and day difference for that kind of money. It would need to be proven to me that it would be worth the price tag.
Drip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
I bet you could put the heavy battery under the gas tank. And why this infatuation with aluminum? We have composites that have been to the moon. Maybe someday, someone will try a composite chassis. Maybe someday.
Nice subtle plug for the upcoming Hotbodies CR8 buggy. I see what you did there.
Zao18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If it truly was better/faster, then most would buy it to be able to keep up. Let's face it, $1500-$2000 is not a lot of money to spend in this hobby. We just started in December of last year, and between cars, engines, radios, clutches, tires, batteries, spares, fuel, and tools, I have spent well over $5000
Tony Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry, repost
Tony Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madblu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xemanuelli View Post
Although that is always a good practice, you are ignoring the rest of the world, if it were that way no company ever tried to improve their products.

The best products will always have the best performance all things being equal that's just a fact
In my opnion the fun in it is the wrenching and figuring out what work for you. If you have something that gives all to you, it becomes boring and ends up on the shelf.

In a perfect world you will find a car that will perform top notch on every track despite the dirt, jumps, and if it is blown out, but this is not the perfect world. Reality is that alot of cars do model themselves of some the technology that Kyosho has put out, but some of the characteristic of the different car out there appeal to the different drivers out there. There is no way that someone can come out witha platform that will condusive to a balls out driver to a consistant smooth driver. Just giving reality, not killing dreams.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Winning comes with a price!! I would love to see someone stretch outside the box and WIN on a consistent basis with the platform. I just do know if you can roll all these characteristics into a car without spending at least 2 million in product development and another 2-4 years in research while maintaining an edge on the bigger LOSI, KYOSHO, AE etc.. To answer your question yes I would pay to WIN!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madblu2 View Post
Reality is that alot of cars do model themselves of some the technology that Kyosho has put out, but some of the characteristic of the different car out there appeal to the different drivers out there. There is no way that someone can come out witha platform that will condusive to a balls out driver to a consistant smooth driver. Just giving reality, not killing dreams.
Totally disagree, a better car is a better car period. Someone will come up with something for sure, maybe for the right price... There was a comment like yours in the beginning of the 19th century, just when the industrial revolution was starting to rev up.

and kyosho is not, by far, the beam of innovation you think it is. Nearly all manufacturers have made more innovatons, that even they follow. A big reason because with their success they havent needed it. What they have done better than all by a fair margin is driver selection $$$
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If the design is unique enough, sure.

Awesomatix sells the A700, EP 1/10th TC, for $900. A nitro buggy in the $1200-$1500 if it's the same difference the A700 is from regular TC's, I bet would sell.
Shawn_S is offline   Reply With Quote