R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
bla
Tech Apprentice

Default Gettin Started help

so i dont know if this is the right place for posting this but I have been in this hobby for 2 or 3 years now and I want to get serious and start racing but I cant afford like 6 different cars so I want some advice on what to do and how to start racing. indoor outdoor whatever. I have a revo 3.3 right now that i could race but i can probably get one other car and I have one indoor track near me that only lets electric and another 8th scale track that is pretty far that lets nitro and electric so i just want to know how to start racing and mabe eventually get sponsored i dont know but it just seems so overwhelming at first and i need some help. thanks!
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
so i dont know if this is the right place for posting this but I have been in this hobby for 2 or 3 years now and I want to get serious and start racing but I cant afford like 6 different cars so I want some advice on what to do and how to start racing. indoor outdoor whatever. I have a revo 3.3 right now that i could race but i can probably get one other car and I have one indoor track near me that only lets electric and another 8th scale track that is pretty far that lets nitro and electric so i just want to know how to start racing and mabe eventually get sponsored i dont know but it just seems so overwhelming at first and i need some help. thanks!
I guess first step would to go to the track and see if they have a class you can run your Revo in. Race and see if you do like it. Then see what class you would like to race in if you want to race another vehicle.
Kurt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Not many tracks run a MT class anymore. Checkout the tracks and try to get an idea what class you'd be interested in and what they run. After that, you can go on to decide on brand. Racing isn't cheap, so be prepared with $500 - $1000.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote