Things you hear from your Pitman

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things you hear from your Pitman

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last year I had a top 10 driver pit for me, but 30s before each race ended he would shout up..

You need the car in front for the bump up what with 1/2 a lap to go and you tell me!!!

But I did manage to do it 2 or 3 times with some 'risky' moves
Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Surprised big name team drivers aren't using pit boards or headsets.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
When he looks up at me and moves his hand across his throat, se la vi...

Or the infamous "you forgot to put fuel in it again....."

LOL the fuel thingis good BUT

So at this last Nitro Challenge getting ready to start my main in the 40+ truggy. Drive over to my pit guy (Frank L.) for the down and quite. little known to me but I had broke. So he is out there with his mouth moving and pointing at my truggy. I'm looking at it the motor is running the steering works I'm like WTF. next thing I know he takes off in a full run shouting for a one minute call. Then the next thing I see is him running back out with his truggy in hand now I have two truggys out there and one controller and not the right one. He gets it fired up and now he is giving me the gas it sign. and I have the wrong controller. then I have a guy shoving me a controller and off I go to get checked in but his truck just got done going like 40min. need less to say I broke it befor I made one lap.
But by this time I was laughing so hard and going what the hell just happined I did not care
good times
Old 03-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary

So at this last Nitro Challenge getting ready to start my main in the 40+ truggy. Drive over to my pit guy (Frank L.) for the down and quite. little known to me but I had broke. So he is out there with his mouth moving and pointing at my truggy. I'm looking at it the motor is running the steering works I'm like WTF. next thing I know he takes off in a full run shouting for a one minute call. Then the next thing I see is him running back out with his truggy in hand now I have two truggys out there and one controller and not the right one. He gets it fired up and now he is giving me the gas it sign. and I have the wrong controller. then I have a guy shoving me a controller and off I go to get checked in but his truck just got done going like 40min. need less to say I broke it befor I made one lap.
But by this time I was laughing so hard and going what the hell just happined I did not care
good times
I remember that!!!!

he ran off on a mission
Old 03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary

good times
Man and I dont run.....
But good times. Thats why i retired the nickname "animal" to you my friend!! @ trucks in the exact same spot within minutes of eachother, that takes talent. And I had just completed several bumps driving my truck for 40 mins straight without issues. It takes you less than 2 minutes to DNF it. hahahahaha
That was a good one though.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So many good stories and laughs good to see everyone enjoying this thread this may never stop, I might hear new ones over the weekend. So pit people work on some good lines and lay it down during the race screaming at your driver. We know we'll hear some strange one offs soon.

Thanks Madblu it just hit me when I was out at SDRC screaming at my boy to finish (I mean my driver Durant) I had some funny things to say during the race with the announcer, it was a heck of a good time.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

When I had one, he said

"you are going the wrong way, dumbass....."

"You would be fast if you didn't crash so much"

"How wide of a track do you really need?"

"really?"
Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
When he looks up at me and moves his hand across his throat, se la vi...

Or the infamous "you forgot to put fuel in it again....."
Or when your pitman gives you the look of death .....if you flame out 1 more time... I'll come up there and kick your a$$ look!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I know me and one of my friends laughed so hard one time when Carlton was announcing at indy RC and a guy flamed out and he says here comes another one In on the hook. Like we were watching real cars lol!
Or how about when your pitting a guy and he looses control and sticks in a fence and you look up at him and he just shrugs his shoulders and says he has no control of it!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

My scream from pitmen last night OH!!! WATCHOUT as Madblu was covering up from getting plastered from my buggy as some guy in a Losi was in front of me decided at the last second to turn left into pitlane and he was on the right side of the track and I was on the left already up to speed go down the straight.Then blam!!! I ran right over his left wheels and I went airborne towards pitlane I heard the screams as I was going "Man this is gonna end up on the thread tommorrow " Then it hit the board,bounced off the board, then shot back up in the air , then back on the board again spinning out of control and bounced just enough to land back on the track. That was so close, I never wanted to have an X3 up inside somebody cause that would have left a mark of either my really sharp angled cooling head or some tread of a Sweeps BattleStar on ya.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hakmazter
When I had one, he said

"you are going the wrong way, dumbass....."

"You would be fast if you didn't crash so much"

"How wide of a track do you really need?"

"really?"
haha classic!!

i have a regular pitman who's a good mate with a really dry sense of humor who will watch me try and put in a really fast lap (and fail) and he'll just yell up "great lap mike, now try doing it on the track..." lol

Mike
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I usually run with sportsman but had to run pro buggy this weekend cause there wasn't enough. First two heats little brother 13 pit man, whats wrong with it I said nothing feels pretty good. Last heat he says man you look so slow running with these guys. Are you saving your buggy for the main
Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

ARE YOU SAVING YOUR BUGGY FOR THE MAIN? lmao!!! thats great!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by manson98
ARE YOU SAVING YOUR BUGGY FOR THE MAIN? lmao!!! thats great!
That is funny when you hear it from a 13 yr old that maybe faster than you.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
My scream from pitmen last night OH!!! WATCHOUT as Madblu was covering up from getting plastered from my buggy as some guy in a Losi was in front of me decided at the last second to turn left into pitlane and he was on the right side of the track and I was on the left already up to speed go down the straight.Then blam!!! I ran right over his left wheels and I went airborne towards pitlane I heard the screams as I was going "Man this is gonna end up on the thread tommorrow " Then it hit the board,bounced off the board, then shot back up in the air , then back on the board again spinning out of control and bounced just enough to land back on the track. That was so close, I never wanted to have an X3 up inside somebody cause that would have left a mark of either my really sharp angled cooling head or some tread of a Sweeps BattleStar on ya.
That was crazy last night. It felt it was coming ate in slow motion. CRAZY!!!
This at the same time when I was about to whoop somebody's azz up on the driver stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.