R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default MIP Thread!!!!

Hi guys, this is Matt over at Morre's Ideal Products better known as MIP. I would like to start a new MIP based thread so I can get some feedback about our products. The good, the bad, and everything in-between, bring it all on ! I'm the customer service/ tech guy over here so if you have any questions, or need help, make sure to hit me up.

We also have a couple new products in the works, the first of which is our Realshocks Bypass 1 product. Check out Velocity RC Magazine's vid for a detailed overview with Eustace Moore (MIP Owner).

visit vrcmag.com for the vid

Enjoy!

Regards,

Matt
Customer Service/Tech Support
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Looking forward to the piston sets. The shock dyno you guys came up with is pretty cool, you can't beat true data collection and testing! Much better than letting the customer do it for you.

ETA for 16mm piston kits? Thanks!
Precision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

And ETA for 15mm pistons?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptain crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Hi guys, this is Matt over at Morre's Ideal Products better known as MIP. I would like to start a new MIP based thread so I can get some feedback about our products. The good, the bad, and everything in-between, bring it all on ! I'm the customer service/ tech guy over here so if you have any questions, or need help, make sure to hit me up.

We also have a couple new products in the works, the first of which is our Realshocks Bypass 1 product. Check out Velocity RC Magazine's vid for a detailed overview with Eustace Moore (MIP Owner).

visit vrcmag.com for the vid

Enjoy!

Regards,

Matt
Customer Service/Tech Support
Well Matt...its about time! Thoes "Realshocks" look to be the real ticket.
Hope you guy's get moving on those 1/8 scale shocks soon...chop chop springs around the corner lol. All kidding aside those piston's look great and hope you start the Losi's first...
If you could post a link here also to your web page...that would be great.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain crash View Post
Well Matt...its about time! Thoes "Realshocks" look to be the real ticket.
Hope you guy's get moving on those 1/8 scale shocks soon...chop chop springs around the corner lol. All kidding aside those piston's look great and hope you start the Losi's first...
If you could post a link here also to your web page...that would be great.
Yes to everything you guys said, we are going to offer pistons for all the major 8th scale shocks. And about your spring question ... nough said hahah. Stay tuned guys an pass on the info about the vid about real shocks/ bypass1 on Velocity RC Magazines web site.

Any continuing drive train issues u guys seeing around you that an All American made MIP product can fix up?

Anything Nitro that we made in the past that you guys would like to be offered in the future?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Saw the youtube Video and I was impressed you folks have a good programing going. Also want to pickup some wrenches Ive only heard of good things they last any idea wheres the best place to buy cant find the sets only singles and sponsorships
Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Saw the youtube Video and I was impressed you folks have a good programing going. Also want to pickup some wrenches Ive only heard of good things they last any idea wheres the best place to buy cant find the sets only singles and sponsorships
Internet, internet, internet hahahah!... as for sponsorship's were working on the contracts right now and going to be opening up applications here soon enough so get your ducks in order! They are the best thing on the face of the planet when it comes to wrenches.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Yes to everything you guys said, we are going to offer pistons for all the major 8th scale shocks. And about your spring question ... nough said hahah. Stay tuned guys an pass on the info about the vid about real shocks/ bypass1 on Velocity RC Magazines web site.

Any continuing drive train issues u guys seeing around you that an All American made MIP product can fix up?

Anything Nitro that we made in the past that you guys would like to be offered in the future?
the losi axels and hub's could use a lot of work...better american steel would help! They are sloppy from new and just get sloppy'er lol
Old 03-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Dont look into pistons too much but I can say keep making the wrenches!
Started using them 4 years ago after stripping handles and breaking tips from others an havent looked back. Strongest wrenches on the market!
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
the losi axels and hub's could use a lot of work...better american steel would help! They are sloppy from new and just get sloppy'er lol
I have heard from multiple team guys that it takes a gallon or so to get the slop in the car and it works better than. Im not sure if that just pretains to the plastics or what I always like tight drive trains though no matter what ... R they breaking at all? pins wearing? joint wearing? how many gallons before its time for change?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
I have heard from multiple team guys that it takes a gallon or so to get the slop in the car and it works better than. Im not sure if that just pretains to the plastics or what I always like tight drive trains though no matter what ... R they breaking at all? pins wearing? joint wearing? how many gallons before its time for change?
Im sure i'll get flamed for this lol...team guy's get free parts and can replace when needed....No breaking of parts. The pins are to hard for the cheap steel they use on the hubs, no big deal...buy new hubs after you slop out the two sets of holes Then there's the drum the pin sets in, don't take long...or even new...to slop out in the axel itself...yeah no problem..buy new axels The losi is very fast...wish you could get a 1/2 season from their axels. If they would mill different sized ...drums...to fill the slop...naaa that's to simple lol Guess some guy's like their rides sloppy...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Internet, internet, internet hahahah!... as for sponsorship's were working on the contracts right now and going to be opening up applications here soon enough so get your ducks in order! They are the best thing on the face of the planet when it comes to wrenches.
Would love to be a mip team player awesome stuff exciting can wait keep me in mind
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Quote:
Im sure i'll get flamed for this lol...team guy's get free parts and can replace when needed....No breaking of parts. The pins are to hard for the cheap steel they use on the hubs, no big deal...buy new hubs after you slop out the two sets of holes Then there's the drum the pin sets in, don't take long...or even new...to slop out in the axel itself...yeah no problem..buy new axels The losi is very fast...wish you could get a 1/2 season from their axels. If they would mill different sized ...drums...to fill the slop...naaa that's to simple lol Guess some guy's like their rides sloppy...
Ya I was an editor over at Xtreme RC before it all closed down and now an editor at the new Velocity RC magazine as well. When doing reviews on the 2.0 drake had told us that it had to wear in before gearing up for review time. Im sure its the plastics wearing in though because slop in plastics creates traction. The CVDs are in a different category all together. Take some pics and post them with approximate run time.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Would love to be a mip team player awesome stuff exciting can wait keep me in mind
Be on the look out my dude! Its coming soon!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
Ya I was an editor over at Xtreme RC before it all closed down and now an editor at the new Velocity RC magazine as well. When doing reviews on the 2.0 drake had told us that it had to wear in before gearing up for review time. Im sure its the plastics wearing in though because slop in plastics creates traction. The CVDs are in a different category all together. Take some pics and post them with approximate run time.
I'll post pictures from new...let you see the play...and ill send pictures after each 1/2 gal. this spring. But will have to e-mail them to you, my camera has to many megapixels and won't load here at rctech. The break-in is for the diffs and plastics.