Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help With Redcat Shockwave buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Help With Redcat Shockwave buggy

When I turn on the engine ,fuel starts to spit from the heatsink under and top, then it suddenly turns off! Its driving me crazy please help
Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Take the head off and make sure the shim is in place. Could be an issue of something not seating right and you may need to take it up with Redcat. They do have more quality issues than most others.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Greg B
Take the head off and make sure the shim is in place. Could be an issue of something not seating right and you may need to take it up with Redcat. They do have more quality issues than most others.
what is the shim and where is it located
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

The shim is under the head. Remove the bolts holding the head to the engine and the shim is located under it. It creates a seal between the sleeve and the head of the engine. First, I would try to tighten the head bolts. They could be loose causing your leak.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

The shim is under the head. Remove the bolts holding the head to the engine and the shim is located under it. It creates a seal between the sleeve and the head of the engine. First, I would try to tighten the head bolts. They could be loose causing your leak.
Now my problem comes from the glowplug it spits fuel from there even though it has its washer. i turn my buggy on begins spitting fuel from glow plug then after like 5 seconds the engine dies
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

If the car is new, it sounds like it may be very rich. Be sure to read your manual so you understand tune.
Tighten the glow plug down snug. Don't over do it, the head is aluminum so it can strip but don't be afraid of it either.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

If the car is new, it sounds like it may be very rich. Be sure to read your manual so you understand tune.
Tighten the glow plug down snug. Don't over do it, the head is aluminum so it can strip but don't be afraid of it either.
I turned my hsp needle clockwise until it stopped then counter clock 2 full turns is that a good setting
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

I'm unsure what the factory needle settings are. I would go back where it was and lean it just a little at a time. You want to look at the face of the needle like a clock and go 1-hour at a time.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with the author's point of view! I learned a lot. Thank you!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow help

I'm unsure what the factory needle settings are. I would go back where it was and lean it just a little at a time. You want to look at the face of the needle like a clock and go 1-hour at a time.
thanks for the help but now i need some help with my buggy again. every time i go more than half throttle to full throttle the engine bogs and the buggy stops for a couple of seconds the continues accelerating any ideas on how to solve problem