R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ha, what's up buddy?? Had no idea you where on this forum. Hey do you know if the track in collinsville is going to change??

Also thanks for the offer in help ryan. Yea I'm going to get the clocked nova pk5 and a 4pks. Hey ryan what do you think for servos?? Also if the mbx6t has problems breaking a arms what are some other good truggies?? I've been thinking serpent cobra as well, but really like mugen. That mbx5t I had was a beast and took some huge nasty wrecks. Ill trust in what you say because your the man . Thanks again buddy for the info and help.
doug e fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
Ha, what's up buddy?? Had no idea you where on this forum. Hey do you know if the track in collinsville is going to change??

Also thanks for the offer in help ryan. Yea I'm going to get the clocked nova pk5 and a 4pks. Hey ryan what do you think for servos?? Also if the mbx6t has problems breaking a arms what are some other good truggies?? I've been thinking serpent cobra as well, but really like mugen. That mbx5t I had was a beast and took some huge nasty wrecks. Ill trust in what you say because your the man . Thanks again buddy for the info and help.
I think if you like the mugen,go with it.Iwould not go with a truggy that noone has close by(if someone else in the area runs the same truck=more parts laying around to share)I like my Hitec 7954's there good and cheap,I have some JR 9100hvt's if you want high dollar servo's that look cool.other than that I've never tried savox servo's but have heard good things about them.You know me.i'm not a brand specific kind of guy.I say it all the time,If it has to do with R/C it's junk........Some junk is nice,But nice junk can fail too!!
R/C Outlaws Rebuild date is April 14th and rain-out date is the 21st
Come help out and bring a friend to labor

Call or text me Tommorrow 618-670-6746,I'll be Driving for 12 hours to GA for the psycho nitro blast.I have never driven my RC8Twc & RC8.2 yet.lol first time on dirt will be at the race.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMowery View Post
I think if you like the mugen,go with it.Iwould not go with a truggy that noone has close by(if someone else in the area runs the same truck=more parts laying around to share)I like my Hitec 7954's there good and cheap,I have some JR 9100hvt's if you want high dollar servo's that look cool.other than that I've never tried savox servo's but have heard good things about them.You know me.i'm not a brand specific kind of guy.I say it all the time,If it has to do with R/C it's junk........Some junk is nice,But nice junk can fail too!!
R/C Outlaws Rebuild date is April 14th and rain-out date is the 21st
Come help out and bring a friend to labor

Call or text me Tommorrow 618-670-6746,I'll be Driving for 12 hours to GA for the psycho nitro blast.I have never driven my RC8Twc & RC8.2 yet.lol first time on dirt will be at the race.
Sounds good buddy. Ill be more than glad to come out and help with the track. Drive safe and kick some a$$. You don't drive truggy class anymore?? Ill txt you around four tomorrow after I get done with training for us steel. Once again thanks biddy. Oo and hey if you ever want to sell some servos let me know. Ill take some off your hands and put some money on your pocket..

Nvm. I see you switched to the rc8t lol.

Last edited by doug e fresh; 03-07-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: reading to fast.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey guys.

I finally got my stuff all picked out and am very happy with my choices. Still not sure on tires or pipes but I have and idea of what I want ..

.1 mugen mbx6t mspec.
.2 jr9100 hvt servos from a friend of mine. Big props to him.
.3 CLOCKED - NOVAROSSI BONITO .21-7XLB
.4 ermc side bleed pipe or a jp3 or jp4?? One of those three.
.5 futaba 4pks.

Well that's it ladies and gents in all its awesomeness. Can't wait till i get some money flowing in and start this build. Keep an eye out because I should have just about everything in the next months or so. One last thing for you guys. What engine mounts should i get if the mspec don't come with one..
Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Well ladies lol.

As we all know or might know I love to support and buy from the small hobby shops. Well i just called and placed an order for my mbx6t mspec and will have it sometime early next month along with the servos. Can't wait to get back on the track again. Its a love hate thing with me lol. So as of right now I can cross off 1 and 2 off my list..
Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Long time since I've been on here,

Well my mbx6t mspec still hasn't arrived at the hobby shop after two months. Well I'm tired of waiting on it to arrive to the hobby shop, so I'm going to order me one Tuesday when I get paid. Can't wait till Tuesday to place my order.

Let me ask you guys this. What's the name of those tires with the white lettering?? I can't find them anywhere or can't remember the mane of them lol..

Well ill post pics of that sexy kit when I get it
Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Also to add I bought a Brand new losi 2.0 to race with until I can get my mugen...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What motor are you putting in the 8ight now!?

To be honest, I would never wait 2 months to get anything. My LHS gets everything I want in 2 days. That's why I buy from them. I would drop the order with your LHS and buy the mugen from another place. You could have used the mony from the 8ight you just bought and put it towards race fees, fuel, tires, spare parts and a whole bunch of other stuff, but it seems as if you have money to blow...

I'm interested in this build. What exactly do you have in your posession right now? Which kit, servos, motors etc...
SureShotImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

The 2.0 is stock rtr. I just bought the bullydog body for it. I plan on sooner or later getting a ninja for it and keep ot stock... The servos are awesome and its just a good kit all around.

The mugen I don't have anything for it yet. Hell I don't even have the truck lol.. I've been looking on here for a futaba 4pks, servos I have no clue about. Something fast and tourqie..

My engine is going to be a clocked novarossi bonito with a ercm side bleed pipe. Its going to run me about 1200 to 1500$$ easy.. but this is what I want and is my dream truggy... I make more than enough money to get this done with one pay check if I wanted to but I'm not that crazy with my money lol.....
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Anyone know the name of those tires with the whit lettering on them?? I'm very enterested in them and would like to find out what they are so I can buy them for my mbx6t.. thanks..
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #71
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
Anyone know the name of those tires with the whit lettering on them?? I'm very enterested in them and would like to find out what they are so I can buy them for my mbx6t.. thanks..

Duratrax.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #72
Tech Addict

I don't think so?? They are 1/8 truggy tires similar to something like aka and proline. There supposably really good race tires.

Any other suggestion?? Really looking for them and am wanting a pair.. thanks all..
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Integra is right, only truggy tyres i know of that has lettering.

http://www.duratrax.com/tires/1-8truggy.html
JPC The Midwest Monster
RC-BATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't know of any as good as AKA or Pro line with white lettering on the sidewall. I think Nick might be right.

http://www.duratrax.com/tires/1-8truggy.html
Keith Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Duratrax tires are rebadged Louise tires, which compete well in the European market.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote