R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
I'm going to get the clocked novarossi that maximo suggested. I mean why not?? Novi are awesome stock and have the or one of the best carbs. Hell I'm about to buy a novi for my xl...
Only negative with nova is tunning. Aswell as tunning window as you go lower in ventiries. Mods are nice to have but aren't a must have, just keep that in mind. Clocked im sure does great work but its not a need when it comes to mods its a want..

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #47
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
Only negative with nova is tunning. Aswell as tunning window as you go lower in ventiries. Mods are nice to have but aren't a must have, just keep that in mind. Clocked im sure does great work but its not a need when it comes to mods its a want..
????? Are you saying Nova don't tune well ? If you are you couldn't be further from the truth.....these Nova's are the easiest tuning, broadest tuning window engines I have ever run............As for the modifieds, not needed, but he's not going to find anywhere near the performance of one of my engines from any of the stock engines out there....Bang for the buck I believe my modifieds are in a league of their own.......

It should be noted that I run all the different brands of engines...I have a very well proven history modifying and running OS engines...And I will go on the record to say OS tune no easier then Nova's do...... The biggest thing is setting up the engines correctly...running the right plug and actually knowing how to tune........ Once you tune a Nova it will run day in and day out on those settings....Anyone who says a Nova is hard to tune most definitely doesn't know how to tune, nor what they are talking about, as you couldn't ask for a more well mannered easier to tune engine........end rant !
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
I race at dirt burners and a track at colinsville il. Both are awesome tracks.
I see, I race @ DB's as well, Im suprised we have never met.......
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
I see, I race @ DB's as well, Im suprised we have never met.......
We probably have. Do you know ryan molirey?? He has a mugen mbx6t and works at safelite. Good guy and one hell of a racer. We probably have a few times actually. Have you ever been to collinsville for the shoot out?? I'm going to be up there this summer for sure with my dream truggy with a ermc clocked nova

As far a Nova's go. I would have to agree with maximo. Love me a nova, best carbs and super easy to tune and modded would be a beast. I'm going to be a owner of two clocked novarossi here within a few months..
doug e fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #50
Tech Champion

Ryan Mowery you mean?

yes I know him......good dude.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Lol, yea him. I always have an issue spelling his last man. He likes or don't mind helping people when they need help or having tuning issues.. I'm guessing ill see you this summers race session.. Are you in the buggy class??
Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #52
Tech Champion

yeah.......open buggy
Old 03-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you really want the Mugen get it. There are guys that run it. I know a guy who has Kyosho STRR EVO brand new BUILT for sell. Plus you will have awsome help from ME OF COURSE and the other guys that use to run it. On the radio I say KO PROPO but thats just me and good quality. AND AND you can run lipo directly to reciever NO PROBLEMS. But if want Futaba get it. you still will get the same help with it as well.

Motor:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...bo-w-2058-Pipe

Just send me a message and we can talk more.

Did forget to mention my JOB!!!DAMN THEM TOO!!!
Coach Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Huh! I always get on Ryan's case when I see him about how bad he suck at buggies lol. I can't wait until I get this truggy built and the new race season opens up. Do you know if db is going to redo there track??
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #55
Tech Champion

good luck...
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #56
Tech Addict

Thanks alot. I'm kinda rusty tho. Got out of racing for a year or so. We'll see here soon tho if I still got it or not.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
You need to research your info better. The Rx that work for the 3pk will work in the 4pk as well, and they are 100% okay to run high voltage unregulated LiPo packs.. I have been for 2 years now.
Ah my mistake, thanks for the correction ScottyM. In that case, the Futaba webpage needs better info . Only the R614FF page mentions that it can handle 8.4 volts (full lipo charge). Most of the others only say 6 volts.
Zao18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
????? Are you saying Nova don't tune well ? If you are you couldn't be further from the truth.....these Nova's are the easiest tuning, broadest tuning window engines I have ever run............As for the modifieds, not needed, but he's not going to find anywhere near the performance of one of my engines from any of the stock engines out there....Bang for the buck I believe my modifieds are in a league of their own.......

It should be noted that I run all the different brands of engines...I have a very well proven history modifying and running OS engines...And I will go on the record to say OS tune no easier then Nova's do...... The biggest thing is setting up the engines correctly...running the right plug and actually knowing how to tune........ Once you tune a Nova it will run day in and day out on those settings....Anyone who says a Nova is hard to tune most definitely doesn't know how to tune, nor what they are talking about, as you couldn't ask for a more well mannered easier to tune engine........end rant !
Never said novas dont tune well but it takes some skill to learn tunning a nova. I know guys who went from o.s. to nova having some issues until they found that sweet spot. After that ive seen they hold tune great and have good power band. Never told him a nova is garbage the choice is all his own, i run a ninja(o.s.) but that dont mean im a o.s. fanboy, everytime i need a new engine i try somthing else. I have used a older p5 and it was a sinch to tune imo but they have changed and the +4 has a tight window. Yada yada yes but ultimatly theres always alot of local help and i see by reading a few others hes got some trusty locals around to help him if stuck so maybe a modded XL or somthing would push the truck awsome. Its the buyers cash and choice i just gave my opinion. Never stated your moded engines are hard to tune heck for all i know ur work can better the tunning window along with power and fuel. Either way what ever he buys there ganna be a nice long lasting engine.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #59
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

THE WERKS B5 IS HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST MOTORS OUT ALONG WITH THE B6 THE B5 HAS MORE BOTTEM END AND YOU WILL WANT TO RUN A 2013 PIPE THEY ARE REALLY EASY TO TUNE AND THEIR CLUTCHES ARE WONDERS THE 4 SHOE IS AMAZING I LOVE WERKS THEIR PIPES CLUTCHES GLOW PLUGS AND THEIR FUEL YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Quote:
We probably have. Do you know ryan molirey?? He has a mugen mbx6t and works at safelite. Good guy and one hell of a racer. We probably have a few times actually. Have you ever been to collinsville for the shoot out?? I'm going to be up there this summer for sure with my dream truggy with a ermc clocked nova

As far a Nova's go. I would have to agree with maximo. Love me a nova, best carbs and super easy to tune and modded would be a beast. I'm going to be a owner of two clocked novarossi here within a few months..
LOL.....hacked my name fosho!!!And no more mugen's.I went to the RC8.2

Quote:
Lol, yea him. I always have an issue spelling his last man. He likes or don't mind helping people when they need help or having tuning issues.. I'm guessing ill see you this summers race session.. Are you in the buggy class??
I'll help you out dirty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
Ryan Mowery you mean?

yes I know him......good dude.
Thanks Trevor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Townsend View Post
If you really want the Mugen get it. There are guys that run it. I know a guy who has Kyosho STRR EVO brand new BUILT for sell. Plus you will have awsome help from ME OF COURSE and the other guys that use to run it. On the radio I say KO PROPO but thats just me and good quality. AND AND you can run lipo directly to reciever NO PROBLEMS. But if want Futaba get it. you still will get the same help with it as well.

Motor:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...bo-w-2058-Pipe

Just send me a message and we can talk more.
MBX6T drove great,Weak point was the front lower arms.I broke out of many races due to lower front arms.I like both the KO Propo & 4PKS.As for motor the Bonito is insane from what I've seen(Buy what you want and I'll help you break in and tune)

Quote:
Huh! I always get on Ryan's case when I see him about how bad he suck at buggies lol. I can't wait until I get this truggy built and the new race season opens up. Do you know if db is going to redo there track??
Dirtburners will stay the same for opener from what it looked like reading the forum.And yes i really do suck at buggy.Its hard to be fast and consistent with a buggy.Thats why you better stick to Truggy duggy