Wiki Posts
Search

Need a little help on a few items

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Need a little help on a few items

New born here to Nitro, and I was hoping to get a few pointers from you all. I have read through this section and im still reading but nothing is as specific as I kinda was hoping to find.

I just bought a nice little setup and need a few extra items before I can get it running.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of which/where/what would be best to buy. Im not racing but dont want to buy these more than once... or at least would like to buy them and have them last longer than the cheap version's would. Dont get me wrong, id like to save as much as possible but dont want to waste money on garbage.

Im in the market for:

Glow Ignitor.
2 Starter box batteries, looks like I need 7.2 or 7.4 volt
Not sure if im going to need a battery for the Rx.
And what type of fuel should I be looking for?

I appreciate any help I can get from you. If you need specifics on what I bought just let me know and I will update the thread as needed.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

glow ignitor http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-5000mAh-NiCD
which starter box u have. You need a rx battery. What servos and radio reciever you have. For fuel any of the major brands will work Byrons,werks,vp powermaster,sidewinder,cold fusion. I might of missed a few.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure on the box yet, im still waiting for the package.

Im going to be using my Spektrum DX3R and im not sure which receiver yet either the SR3300T or the SR3100.

I think the local track sells Byrons so im good with fuel, and thanks for the link on the Glow Ignitor.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lipo battery for starter box. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Ah-Starter-Box. Lipo reciever battery if you have hv servos. If not a life battery will work. Use the sr3100. The telemetry stuff is junk and will drain the rx battery quicker.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

For glow ignitor there are lots of good ones out there and not expensive. For starter batteries for your starterbox I suggest a 4s (14.8v) lipo. I also use a 7.4v lipo with seperate BEC-unit between batt and receiver. For fuel you can't go wrong with Sidewinder.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys- the guy I bought it from said I need 2 batteries for the starter box, and I can use either the 7.2 or 7.4v

I'll prob go with the lipo since that is what I run in my electric cars, that way I dont have to buy a new charger. I think I might want new servos as well. Any suggestions for a Rx battery?