Wiki Posts
Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
No they won with a $299 buggy with " updated parts" from an outdated buggy....
Don't forget the $600 motor + pipe combo!

Oh wait, I run one too.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Tessmans HB did not win. Tessman won. Cool driving, consistent, fast. I think we know he used non D8 parts to make the car better for him. That's racing. The kid owned the whole weekend. Congrats Ty!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Right on. It took all of their pieces to have a great weekend. These kind of threads pop up every major event. The driver vs. Equipment battle takes place. Good to see Ty do well and watching on line it looked like a great track/layout.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was turn marshalling the rhythm section for the race. Tessman was so smooth the whole 45 min. The rhythm section was tough. I could single/double/triple about 50% of the time, I think I saw Tessman do it every time with the exception of once or twice due to traffic.
Every car in the A-main was dialed, the difference was the driver.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I was turn marshalling the rhythm section for the race. Tessman was so smooth the whole 45 min. The rhythm section was tough. I could single/double/triple about 50% of the time, I think I saw Tessman do it every time with the exception of once or twice due to traffic.
Every car in the A-main was dialed, the difference was the driver.
+1 to that. He made maybe 3 mistakes in both mains combined. He would have won with a Redcat if it stayed together.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
do u think you can take his car and make the amain with it. the kid drove his butt off and really did not crash the hole race he did a great job, and instead of bashing the kid u should congratulate the kid for beating the some of the drivers in RC. next time make a thread on the positive and not the negative.
couldn't agree more with that
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eddyeddy
couldn't agree more with that
This is not a negative article why r u guys taking such an offense to a simple question that has been asked! Damn fellows grow the hell up. One more damn time and I quote! I DO NOT KNOW THE DAMN RULES OF THIS SPORT AS FAR AS MODIFYING SO I ASK FOR THE "pro drivers to clarify the g.d. Rules on doing that! Now I have clearly stated Ty tessman drove a superb race but I just wanted to know how can they meaning HOTBODIES could consider that there buggy with all the mods that were applied to the machine! Some of the guys explained that already and now I understand. I never shot the kid down so get the hell off my back !! Nough said!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rfleck
Tessmans HB did not win. Tessman won. Cool driving, consistent, fast. I think we know he used non D8 parts to make the car better for him. That's racing. The kid owned the whole weekend. Congrats Ty!
Agreed.

BTW, i think it's kinda funny those who talk about how many mods his D8 had...But i don't see anyone talking about his D8T
Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

And just to clarify some things up on here, to the tessmans I do apologize I never meant for some people to make it look like I was bashing your son...not the case! I am someone who just needed clarification of the rules of modification. Continue doing a great job!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rsickles
So to clarify, you are proposing that the rules be changed to only allow PRODUCTION vehicles and spec parts?

That rule would really never work. What if I'm not sponsored by anyone, but I am a machinist and want to cut some shock towers to my own geometry? Why should I be punished? What if TLR made some custom diffs for their drivers saying they're also available to the public, but they only released a dozen of them and just claim "they're back ordered" because they don't want to release them to the public?

Regardless of what is available to the public or not, as long as the car meets tech spec, then there shouldn't be any whining. The only whining should be about the people who are claiming he won on a "$299 buggy"... when that's obviously not the case.

Which is why it's somewhat of a legitimate question.. If a D8 isn't a D8...

A race with Tessman, the Ryans, Drake and all the rest with stock RC's just like Joe Schmoe can buy would not be uninteresting..
Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
+1 to that. He made maybe 3 mistakes in both mains combined. He would have won with a Redcat if it stayed together.
He won because he is a great driver, and his car was equally great. No he could not win with a redcat or just any random car. At this level the equipment needs to be spot on, because if it isn't, an equally talented driver with his equipment dialed will win.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1 and a Big Congrats to the Tessman family, nice to see the whole family involved.

Originally Posted by JQ
He won because he is a great driver, and his car was equally great. No he could not win with a redcat or just any random car. At this level the equipment needs to be spot on, because if it isn't, an equally talented driver with his equipment dialed will win.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

For me this discussion isn't as interesting as the other aspect not mentioned here:
If a layman, who doesn't know so much about racing, sees the results and sees that it says that a HB D8 won this race, and goes out and buys one - then when he builds it he realizes it is a completely different car, has he not got a right to feel cheated?
From reports on the HB thread it seems like the car isn't handling right out of the box, and it sounds like lots of people are putting the truggy shock tower on the back etc etc etc.
Basicly it sounds to me like the car just isn't right the way it comes out of the box.

If you compare this to say a Mugen MBX6/R/EU or Kyosho TKI2 or whatever, you are basicly getting much more near to the race winning cars.
Robert Batlle's Mugen isn't very different from the kit car, it's just setup adjustments and a set of swaybars and springs.

Basicly I feel this side of the Hotbodies debate has been lost here in confusion, where people have just shouted "are you ragging on Tessman" or whatever.

My point is:
Is it fair to portray this as a D8 winning a race, when clearly it isn't even close to what comes in the kit?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
For me this discussion isn't as interesting as the other aspect not mentioned here:
If a layman, who doesn't know so much about racing, sees the results and sees that it says that a HB D8 won this race, and goes out and buys one - then when he builds it he realizes it is a completely different car, has he not got a right to feel cheated?
From reports on the HB thread it seems like the car isn't handling right out of the box, and it sounds like lots of people are putting the truggy shock tower on the back etc etc etc.
Basicly it sounds to me like the car just isn't right the way it comes out of the box.

If you compare this to say a Mugen MBX6/R/EU or Kyosho TKI2 or whatever, you are basicly getting much more near to the race winning cars.
Robert Batlle's Mugen isn't very different from the kit car, it's just setup adjustments and a set of swaybars and springs.

Basicly I feel this side of the Hotbodies debate has been lost here in confusion, where people have just shouted "are you ragging on Tessman" or whatever.

My point is:
Is it fair to portray this as a D8 winning a race, when clearly it isn't even close to what comes in the kit?
THE TEAM IS TRYING NEW THINGS TO KEEP AHEAD OF THE GAME... ARE WE FORGETTING THAT THE HARA EDITION WON THE WORLDS IN 2008 AND CAME IN SECOND IN 2010..

THE D8 IS COMPETENT KIT..SO TO SAY SOMEONE IHAS BEEN CHEATED FOM BUYING TE KIT IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR.. THE LOSI WAS TESTING NEW STUFF ALSO. SO MUCH YOU COULDN'T EVEN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CAR..

LET IT BE.. ITS D8 MOVE ON
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Well-said.. x2.. (@elvind)

Advertising is a huge part of the hobby.. So OK Tessmann and all the others are great drivers, but if the brands are going to advertise "World champ" this and that, the car that actually wins those titles should be remotely similar to the ones normal people buy..

Though I appreciate the help I've gotten there, I can't even really stand the thread for the buggy I have, because all anybody talks about is what other parts from other brands or whatever you have to put on it...

I don't think anybody's being intentionally cheated. There's just a .... dissonance between development and sales. So whatever the next upgraded buggy(for whichever brand..) will be based on all the current testing, by the time it comes out it too will be outdated and they'll be testing something else.. Nobody's fault really.. Just kind of unfortunate..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.