Wiki Posts
Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
Its SO Frigin FUnny How people take so Much out of Context.. This was my entertainment for the morning... Nobody Ever said he Cheated, or he wasnt driving a D8 in some form, all that was said is if a car has that many mods on it, is it a miss representation to the average joe Buying it cause they see it won a specific race when he isnt getting that car, just a small percentage of it, that actually won... But I Guess thats the problem, nobody can actually read and understand what they have read anymore... let the Flame war continue..
here comes the next half of my days entertainment
+1!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
do u think you can take his car and make the amain with it. the kid drove his butt off and really did not crash the hole race he did a great job, and instead of bashing the kid u should congratulate the kid for beating the some of the drivers in RC. next time make a thread on the positive and not the negative.
++++++1
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
And for record, the D8 is going on 4+ years without any chassis revisions. How many versions of the mp9 and mbx6 were released since the product launch?
So what do you call the CR8??? The Hara Edition had geometry changes also.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by -R2-
All I know the kid can drive, he put on a good show in truggy pacing Mayfield in the start then Mayfield caught that haybail. Then it was all Tessman, I don't think the truggy is that modified from the og version. His buggy was so badass, it turned so good, his landings off jumps were right on and the buggy did not flat land and pancake weird so his shock combo was all there. OS engine was perfect even his pops drop in a quick tune right before the start just to give it a little more umph!! I put him to win the truggy but in buggy I thought Mayfield was going to take it. Mad respect for that kid and his rides he's going to make the Tessman-8ight version a hot seller.
DJ you are on point with this post. His Truggy and Buggy were dialed. Congrats Ty.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ty is a HB driver. HB has the ability to use his success in promoting their products. Along with Proline, Os, Tekno, ect. That is why companies support racers....to test, win and promote their products. The D8 has been around for a good amount of time. It has been a very good value and continues to be. Looking back at Neobuggy images (Of past events and years)of Ty's D8 you can see that he had a ton of success with the buggy that anyone can buy. So at this event they tested something new. Did well with it and that will/can help out the HB loyal racers or new customers.

I am coming over from racing a MBX6 M Spec last season. Mugen had their racers run Truggy rear towers, +5 Chassis and battery forward new radio trays. All of which you can buy NOW. At the time the buggy did well (Europe Event that escapes me) it was parts not in any kit. I would have to buy those parts if I wanted to race that buggy. This is the same situation. The buggy is a D8 with Lightning arms and a Kyosho shock. I can build one just like it if I want to or I can run my stock D8 and tune it to where I race and do well. A stock D8 won our local big event last season and does very well in the hands of the locals here....that is the reason I bought the D8. I can get setup help locally and they are doing well here. I bet more stuff is bought because of what is fast at your home track then what wins on the Pro tour. Good Job TY and HB for a sweep at the NC!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Was his Truggy and Buggy something you can go and Buy ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! But with that being said I was there and The Little Canadian FLAT OUT HAULED THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!! Ty is for sure now in the Class of the the Elite in my opinion! Nice Job Ty and Congrats you deserved it, the way you were driving was amazing and nice to watch!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kgombe
THE TEAM IS TRYING NEW THINGS TO KEEP AHEAD OF THE GAME... ARE WE FORGETTING THAT THE HARA EDITION WON THE WORLDS IN 2008 AND CAME IN SECOND IN 2010..

THE D8 IS COMPETENT KIT..SO TO SAY SOMEONE IHAS BEEN CHEATED FOM BUYING TE KIT IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR.. THE LOSI WAS TESTING NEW STUFF ALSO. SO MUCH YOU COULDN'T EVEN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CAR..

LET IT BE.. ITS D8 MOVE ON
++++1

The parts were from the HB stable....So it is a D8. Also anyone that drives a D8 know sometimes when you buy replacement parts the packaging says Lighthening on it. To me the D8 was built on the lighthening platform and enhanced. Driver started to notice that they got better performance off older lighthening parts, but it is still a HB.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE DELETE THIS TREAD.....LOL
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE DELETE THIS TREAD.....LOL
+1.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

are we still talking about this? I was running so many aftermarket parts on my associated I lost track, I didnt win cause I suck at driving, ty doesnt, Congrats man, Not a single mistake in the truggy race, only one bobble in the buggy main, thats what wins races.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vareck
Was his Truggy and Buggy something you can go and Buy ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! But with that being said I was there and The Little Canadian FLAT OUT HAULED THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!! Ty is for sure now in the Class of the the Elite in my opinion! Nice Job Ty and Congrats you deserved it, the way you were driving was amazing and nice to watch!!!
Good point...But also if most people could buy it off the shelf set-up like that could they drive the way he could ...They can't....Most would wonder why am I breaking parts?!?!?!?!? The biggest part of the sport is the skill of the driver....Ty has a lot of skill.....i do not try to get set-up sheet from drivers because I have to learn what my driving style is and what set-ups I put into my cars that works for me...Most drivers that run a pro set-up get upset when it does not work for them. Don't get me wrong I will take any helpful trick from a pro driver, but i will not run there set-up.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tiger200350
Race on Sunday sale on Monday! lol
only problem is, what you are buying off the shelf is not the same car that won. Sure you can say, "You can get the parts from Amain" but I think that is besides the issue. As long as HB will share the fruits of their labor to the consumer after through testing, I have no issues. After all, it's just a suspension geometry update similar to Kyosho's. Even the CR8 had a running change to that geometry.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last time I saw his car was at the RC Pro race @ his home track last year; all peices on his car were from his sponsors and are readily available to the general public. Anyone can make a "Ty Car" from what I saw. That being said -- I'm not sure you would want to. When he drove my MP9 he said it was too easy to drive -- and I had one of my more aggressive setups on it .

He did put 5 laps on me in 30 mintues, so uh, maybe my car WAS too mild...ahahah.

Good job on the Wins Ty.

Later,
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

This thread makes no sense at all. Ty drives for HB, He was using some "OLD HB Parts" on his D8. Big deal, Other teams test stuff all the time. He is using existing HB Parts to test with. Dont see the harm in using older parts on a current buggy if they improve the handling. Give him a break, Ty and HB Dominated DNC.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CoryD
Last time I saw his car was at the RC Pro race @ his home track last year; all peices on his car were from his sponsors and are readily available to the general public. Anyone can make a "Ty Car" from what I saw. That being said -- I'm not sure you would want to. When he drove my MP9 he said it was too easy to drive -- and I had one of my more aggressive setups on it .

He did put 5 laps on me in 30 mintues, so uh, maybe my car WAS too mild...ahahah.

Good job on the Wins Ty.

Later,

The vast majority of people couldn't drive and wouldn't like Ty's weapon. But it works for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.