R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhopkins8 View Post
Couldn't agree more with this post. I watched the video and he was by far the best driver out there. His car looked dialed too!

times 2
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Martinez View Post
do u think you can take his car and make the amain with it. the kid drove his butt off and really did not crash the hole race he did a great job, and instead of bashing the kid u should congratulate the kid for beating the some of the drivers in RC. next time make a thread on the positive and not the negative.
I was in no way bashing ty i only spoke what i read and i asked a simple question ! No i could not win or make even the z main if there is such a thing! So cool down before you start accusing me of anything. His race was a work of art and i commend him on that. I just didnt understand all of the rules about modifying these machines ! So back up off me man!
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to camocowboy

Bottom line is ty dominated the nitro challenge. It doesnt matter what he did it with unless you are looking at the win as a reason to buy the car. If you are looking at pro performance as a reason to buy a car you have issues already. It's all about support from the pros. Or watch the open class. Those cars are what you can buy being wheeled by average guys. Thats a good way to see how a car looks
#92 Greg Singletary
Punched R/C Productions - Ascendancy Racing - Byrons Fuel - JGO Paint - The Nitro Pit - One Hobbies Shop and INDOOR RACEWAY
camocowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

His car is moded yes, but 98% of the parts on that car can be bought with just a little research or people under your hat. He won fair and didn't cheat. He simply went out there with a car he put tons of time into and killed it out there. He earned it more then anyone, it takes alot to not only have the talent at his age to win a double but also have the skills of how to make his machine better. No one is saying his buggy is box stock and the team drivers mainly Ty and Hara have been running with the old HB lightning parts for awhile now, i think even worlds? He done phenominal out there. Great job to him and his parents for keepin up with it all. Its the same way with racing like dirt bikes, quads, cars. Do you really think your buying a factory bike that you seen win the title. For example a Kawasaki is dominating supercross in both 450 and 250, buy one of them and it won't be anywhere near the same but with a little work someday it can be. Maybe not exact but very close.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
Tech Regular

I believe the key word here is... Development. You can't improve products without testing new things.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ty beat them in the garage first and then at the track...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Cool HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin special View Post
Ty beat them in the garage first and then at the track...
Check!!
Drip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't think it mattered. It was his week.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
I don't think it mattered. It was his week.
+1 sometimes you do really good, sometimes you end up in the c main. Whatever car he drove, I think he would have done well.

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

But I'm not about to go and buy all the parts just yet. I really think HB will make a D8 version2 with the mods they are currently testing. Will wait till then.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #25
Tech Master

Ty is a HB factory driver which means he spends a lot of time testing parts and setups. I guess when he finds a good mix between parts and setup he should use it and obviously, it makes him win!

I believe he moves down to California during winter for testing and racing. It deserves it well.

Congrats to Ty and all the Tessmann family
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
His car is moded yes, but 98% of the parts on that car can be bought with just a little research or people under your hat. He won fair and didn't cheat. He simply went out there with a car he put tons of time into and killed it out there. He earned it more then anyone, it takes alot to not only have the talent at his age to win a double but also have the skills of how to make his machine better. No one is saying his buggy is box stock and the team drivers mainly Ty and Hara have been running with the old HB lightning parts for awhile now, i think even worlds? He done phenominal out there. Great job to him and his parents for keepin up with it all. Its the same way with racing like dirt bikes, quads, cars. Do you really think your buying a factory bike that you seen win the title. For example a Kawasaki is dominating supercross in both 450 and 250, buy one of them and it won't be anywhere near the same but with about $50k and a little work someday it can be. Maybe not exact but very close.

Haha, fixed it for ya!

As for these little RC cars, with the bodies off they all look identical from 50 feet away. "Modded" they may be, but it is not something out of the realm of any hobby enthusiast. That is the best part about this kind of racing, you don't need truck loads of cash to compete!

Nice work Team Tessman (driving and wrenching)!
Precision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
Should a vehicle be allowed that has been that heavily modified. But i guess if the rules allow it why not.
So to clarify, you are proposing that the rules be changed to only allow PRODUCTION vehicles and spec parts?

That rule would really never work. What if I'm not sponsored by anyone, but I am a machinist and want to cut some shock towers to my own geometry? Why should I be punished? What if TLR made some custom diffs for their drivers saying they're also available to the public, but they only released a dozen of them and just claim "they're back ordered" because they don't want to release them to the public?

Regardless of what is available to the public or not, as long as the car meets tech spec, then there shouldn't be any whining. The only whining should be about the people who are claiming he won on a "$299 buggy"... when that's obviously not the case.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

No they won with a $299 buggy with " updated parts" from an outdated buggy.... congrats for the great weekend. It takes great skill and preparation to win on that level. Looking forward to see if this will be something that makes it to the D8 masses.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's like the old Group B rally cars where it just had to slightly have the original car's features, but completely different underneath. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Compared to that, Ty's D8 is still a D8. bulkheads, wing mount, radio tray, fuel tank...
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
Tech Adept

ITS SO SAD THAT PEOPLE DONT RECOGNIZED THAT THE HOTBODIES D8 IS A GOOD CAR AND HAVE BEAT OTHER CARS MOD OR NOT BECAUSE THE OTHER CARS THERE NOT MOD RIGHT???? YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!! IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU WIN BY AN INCH OR A MILE WINNING IS WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!SO SORRY FOR THE LOOSERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ospower is offline   Reply With Quote