R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #196
Tech Regular

Just watched the truggy and buggy races on youtube today. Wow, Ty has some serious talent! It's almost mesmerizing how smoothly he drives. Good on him!
Zao18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #197
Tech Regular

Cough, cough upgrade wing....no he's on a good roll, it would b cool to see it cary over to to Argentina
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #198
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is that actually a carbon fibre horn? For the throttle servo?

MIKES RC WORLD(r.i.p) | TACOMA RC RACEWAY | FOUR SEASONS RC RACEWAY(r.i.p) | ISLAND RACEWAY
Panic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #199
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zao18 View Post
Just watched the truggy and buggy races on youtube today. Wow, Ty has some serious talent! It's almost mesmerizing how smoothly he drives. Good on him!
Haven't you been reading the thread? It wasn't driving talent, it was all the 6-8 year old parts on his car that did it! My buddy, who's girlfriend knows someone who was at the race says Ty wasn't even there, the car drove without him while he ate french fries in the pits.

Sorry, been a long week...

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #200
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
All I know the kid can drive, he put on a good show in truggy pacing Mayfield in the start then Mayfield caught that haybail. Then it was all Tessman, I don't think the truggy is that modified from the og version. His buggy was so badass, it turned so good, his landings off jumps were right on and the buggy did not flat land and pancake weird so his shock combo was all there. OS engine was perfect even his pops drop in a quick tune right before the start just to give it a little more umph!! I put him to win the truggy but in buggy I thought Mayfield was going to take it. Mad respect for that kid and his rides he's going to make the Tessman-8ight version a hot seller.

I also thought Mayfield was going to catch him, They were RIGHT there with each other, But i missed the hay bail incedent while marshaling on the Far right. You cover the tripple I got the Whoops Corner ......I had your Back DJ. Also had my own little cheer section when I did bounce on the track to rescue a Car. Thx for the cheers Frank/Cary/Little Franky.

on the Subject of Ty, He ran a wicked clean race and 100% deserves the win, Testing is testing and it is what it is. Get over it OP he's a talented driver and Not from the RC meca of Cali.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #201
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePeTe View Post
he has posted what he runs a couple of time in the Hara thread. I believe there is even a parts list with part numbers and all.

If you read your own thread, you would know that it has been repeated numerous times that Ty is very open about what he runs and tests.
Never said he wasn't honest! I'm sure he's upfront about everything he is doing and so are all other factory guys.i have read everything on here including the insults made towards me. Not only that car but any car that has been that heavily modified with other parts other than HB...that is no longer that companies machine that they are advertising to general public racers.
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #202
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

ahhhh.....so it boils down to your IN-ability to setup/maintain/modify a car to your own liking? That's all Ty did.....

dont hate the player, hate the game yo!

Not even sure why I posted again.....for the love of god let this thread die.
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #203
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
who cares what he was running!

it freaking passed tech right?

look at the homemade b4.1 chassis Ty recently designed/built to run at the Reedy race a few weeks back in 2wd mod class....guess what......it passed tech too! The kid is an ace with an rc car and a transmitter and will be for years to come, get used to it!

btw, this thread SUCKS!
I would be more than glad to delete this how do I do it just inbox me the instructions
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
Never said he wasn't honest! I'm sure he's upfront about everything he is doing and so are all other factory guys.i have read everything on here including the insults made towards me. Not only that car but any car that has been that heavily modified with other parts other than HB...that is no longer that companies machine that they are advertising to general public racers.
besides the rear shocks what other parts was used that wasn't HB?? and don't say shock towers.

and incase you are not aware that it is said here many times... Hara and HB said they will be continuing to test and improve the D8 for years to come because it is a solid platform... so anyone who can read will know what to expect...
Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #205
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
As a contracted racer, he is a Hot Bodies employee which makes anything he comes up with Hot Bodies intellectual property. Even so, based on the parts, TT's car is almost all Hot Bodies.

I haven't seen any ads claiming that any racer is racing a box stock car.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #206
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
besides the rear shocks what other parts was used that wasn't HB?? and don't say shock towers.

and incase you are not aware that it is said here many times... Hara and HB said they will be continuing to test and improve the D8 for years to come because it is a solid platform... so anyone who can read will know what to expect...
well, some people can not read. Regardless Ty did an AWSOME job, and like it was said before He is part of research and development for HB.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #207
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
How does that discredit hara?
It doesn't discredit Hara at all. He is hugely respected outside of the US, but he wasn't "expected to win" against Tebo, Maifield, Drake, etc.....

It would be the same if you won. Are you capable? Personally I think so, but I would not bet money on it.

Now if I were in the race and won, the only reason would be if every other driver on the stand all got raptured at about lap 6 or 7 and somehow I didn't make it.....hahaha.

That was the point I was making. If Tebo would have won running a car with only half Kyosho parts, no one would have noticed, but because Hara won, they took all sorts of pics, made huge articles about the car, etc... and hot bodies began advertising for customers to buy the winning car. Later on, they released the "Hara edition" after they began to mass produce the parts months later. I remember people complaining in the middle of the timeline.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #208
JQ
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
It doesn't discredit Hara at all. He is hugely respected outside of the US, but he wasn't "expected to win" against Tebo, Maifield, Drake, etc.....

It would be the same if you won. Are you capable? Personally I think so, but I would not bet money on it.

Now if I were in the race and won, the only reason would be if every other driver on the stand all got raptured at about lap 6 or 7 and somehow I didn't make it.....hahaha.

That was the point I was making. If Tebo would have won running a car with only half Kyosho parts, no one would have noticed, but because Hara won, they took all sorts of pics, made huge articles about the car, etc... and hot bodies began advertising for customers to buy the winning car. Later on, they released the "Hara edition" after they began to mass produce the parts months later. I remember people complaining in the middle of the timeline.
I think you dont know what you are talking about :-D But thats just my opinion I guess!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #209
am
Tech Master

Well, i tell you this:

At the worlds in Sweden 2004, Kysoho Japan denied their TKi team to run 777 chassis and all suspension Kanai 3... If they had not denied the TKi team this they have had their 7th world champs already... I was at several race and trainings there that almoast all teams was represented, so i have seen this with my own eys.

At the 2004 worlds race, we got Parts from Kyosho to get our 777`s to handle better. Theese was not items you could buy at the moment.

Almoast any team wil have test parts when they are a team driver. How would develoment be possible if they did not?

Also, There is not a problem for HB to make Kysoho style shocks for TT, but it is alot faster and way CHEAPER to try someone else shock to test. Kyosho shocks are not that much better, but it can make a whole lot difference to f.eks uptravel of the suspension and this can make a whole lot of differnece to how the car behaves on track.

At their level of racing, it is the equipment that makes the small difference between 1 and 3rd place.

Anyone belive that there would be a MB6R or TKI what ever, Ass 8.2 if their team drivers did not test other parts? Ass 8.2 goes under the name Assosho by alot of guys in Europe.

Get real guys..
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote