Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here's a video of Tessman three years ago at Nitro Challenge. Watch it, then go look at the video from last weeks race and he is scary fast.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpbunpgd80Q

Originally Posted by D-MAIN
he won truggy also, anyone have excuses why he won that class also?, his truggy must have been "highly modded" also....LMAO
Don't know if it was answered, but his truggy also had custom CF towers, Kyosho shocks, and a Tekno chassis, plus some other goodies. I'm indifferent to an opinion, but the argument of not being the $300 kit Joe-Blow buys, those things are a significant chunk of the price of a standard D8T kit.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I guess after reading all of this is where is examples of HB promoting this win as a Stock D8 win? People that go out and buy a stock D8 will do so based on a ton of reasons. Cost, local parts supply, local racer support, ect. If the racer is information savvy enough to know that the D8 even won this event then they would also know that the buggy at this event was modified. We can pull up many other examples of modified buggies that won events and then as racers we had to buy parts/updates to run what the latest equipment is. Ex: RC8 running its "Kyosho" update that has become the .2. People buying the RC8 had to get those updates to have the latest buggy. The pros were running and doing well with the .2 update before it was available, it did well so it became something racers could get.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeNolasco
To answer your question about modding a car for competition. Yes it is legal. As long as you don't change the dimensions or weight, etc. to the point that your car will not fit the templates at tech inspection. However, ROAR does have rules in place for certain things like electric motors regarding availability to keep the factory teams in check...kind of.

If you are interested in reading more about the rules side I recommend heading over to www.roarracing.com.

It's also important to note that the DNC is not a ROAR sanctioned event but pretty much all the races follow ROAR rules with some tweaks here and there.

For those on the fence about whether or not to try the Lightning D8 Mods. HIGHLY Recommended. Especially the rear end stuff. Super cheap to install and it really does make the car about 100000000% better. Besides driving ability, the Tessmans are really cool people and very innovative with their setups and car prep.
Glad someone answered the mans question. Kudos to you my friend for being professional and having some common courtesy.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't believe this, really....Ty won fair and square. Who runs a box stock buggy? we all run hop ups or aftermarket parts on our cars. No one is stopping you from making a franksnbuggy, as long as it fallows ifmar/roar regulations, and race it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Exactly. Some people are arguing against a constructed point of view which nobody has fielded as an argument.

Nobody has said Tessman was wrong for anything.

It's simply the case that with Kyosho shocks and everything the car is nothing like a kit D8 and the kids that go out and buy the kit on the basis of it being a winning car, will in the end feel cheated.
Remember how they market these things.
Finally, someone has made a good point here. None of the cars that win all of these big races, can be bought in a "one box" kit. Besides, if you go out and buy a kit because it won the worlds, or DNC, then you have already been fooled. The driver won the race, and probably could have done so with 10 different buggies. That's why the manufacturer pays him the big bucks. If Ty went to drive for any other manufacturer, he would do the same and trust me, Hot Bodies knows this.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
He won E-Buggy.
Doesn't count, not a premier class.

Honestly I didn't know he had, good job for him.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
None of the cars that win all of these big races, can be bought in a "one box" kit. Besides, if you go out and buy a kit because it won the worlds, or DNC, then you have already been fooled.
That's not entirely true.
If you buy a MBX6R EU, you basicly get the car that Robert Batlle keeps winning all the races in Europe with, the core of the car is basicly the European Championship winning car. Would you agree?
It seems to me, less some oils, swaybars, springs and adjustments, you would basicly get the Robert Batlle winning car.

Similarly, if you buy the Kyosho, you are basicly getting the same car as the team drivers like Ronnefalk and Pålsson are driving in Europe, I am not aware that they would be running any unusual different brand shocks or rear arms from a KanaiIII edition or something.

Here's a pic of Robert Batlle w/MBX6
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
That's not entirely true.
If you buy a MBX6R EU, you basicly get the car that Robert Batlle keeps winning all the races in Europe with, the core of the car is basicly the European Championship winning car. Would you agree?
It seems to me, less some oils, swaybars, springs and adjustments, you would basicly get the Robert Batlle winning car.

Similarly, if you buy the Kyosho, you are basicly getting the same car as the team drivers like Ronnefalk and Pålsson are driving in Europe, I am not aware that they would be running any unusual different brand shocks or rear arms from a KanaiIII edition or something.
Well that may be true. It would be good to know that you can buy a decent kit and not have to use other brands to make it good. The point you really made was Robert Batlle is a great driver. I am sure he could win with any number of race kits.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
OK MY QUESTION TO U PROFFESIONALS OUT THERE. I've read several articles in cluding neo buggy that ty tessmans hb was heavily modified. My question to u guys is if your going to modify a machine that much is it still recognized as that companies vehicle? Im sure some of yall was there was it that modified i totally get titanium parts to keep from breaking. Should a vehicle be allowed that has been that heavily modified. But i guess if the rules allow it why not.

Nascar drivers go out and plug their cars name brand every week. "Thanks to my Ford Fusion..." blah blah blah. Do you really think anyone will go to their local dealer and plop down $20k and expect to compete in the Cup Series?!!?!?!?!? This is racing. Racing is for development of the latest and greatest in auto performance.

This type of mindset usually comes in tandem with the guy who got smoked at the local club race and complains he got out motored or out spent. How about owning up and admitting you got out driven and need more practice setting up your car.

Question: Who else thought about putting OLD, readily available parts on a new car to go faster? If you didn't, you're probably getting beat every week.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

You could not buy the Hara parts when he won the race. Personally I don't care if the too guys drive a gold plated car with screws from an alpine radio on it. I do not like seeing a full page ad that implies that you can buy the winning car out of the box if it isn't true. I only know of the Hara win just because it was such a great and unexpected win for them, but then it was implied in the mags and ads the car was basically off the shelf.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

It sounds like everything is sorted here, Congrats Ty, thank you for disclosing what was used, now guys who want one can buy one and replicate the setup.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Worlds year, Im willing to bet that the top drivers for EACH of the main chassis are running something that WE cant get. I dont care what country or what kit. Each company has R&D and the Worlds year is where they bring it all to the table. They will be trying new things ALL YEAR LONG, So get use to seeing stuff you cant get. I remember back in 2008 people were having a fit because they could not get the steering acrkman with the bearings in it. How about the V2 shock tower? People was about to sue Losi for not making it available at the time of testing. How about the new radio tray? I remember when Mugen came out with the longer chassis, that was not available at the time.
This is the same thing that happened in 2008 when Hara won the Worlds and the Hara addition (correct me if Im wrong) came out in 2010. People were all pissy cause they couldnt order the hopups on Monday..... Give it a rest. It happens every year in different forms of racing all over the world.

Ty ran good ALL weekend. He didnt make the mistakes other drivers made in both classes.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hakmazter
You could not buy the Hara parts when he won the race. Personally I don't care if the too guys drive a gold plated car with screws from an alpine radio on it. I do not like seeing a full page ad that implies that you can buy the winning car out of the box if it isn't true. I only know of the Hara win just because it was such a great and unexpected win for them, but then it was implied in the mags and ads the car was basically off the shelf.
How does that discredit hara?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I love R&D and love the evolution of these cars. I love modifying and testing new parts. Every good manufacturer does it and it's great.

The point some were trying to make is what if Cody King sponsored by Kyosho won the worlds and when you looked under the body it turned out to be some mix of Tekno RC, Associated, Losi, and Brand X? And Kyosho goes about like the MP9 with Cody behind the wheel just won the worlds? Although I could probably care less, something about that just doesn't sit well. Thats just my humble opinion.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hakmazter
It sounds like everything is sorted here, Congrats Ty, thank you for disclosing what was used, now guys who want one can buy one and replicate the setup.
So he did say what he was running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.