R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I find this thread is senseless..
if you had your way, the runner-up Cr8 is disqualified and no HB either than, because we can't buy the kit and it is a D8 with plenty of foreign parts
if Tess won, he was the best driver that day and made up the best car of the lot
using all HB suspension parts, it was a full breed HB, whose features will contribute to cars on sale in the future.
and one can see the car he raced in the pictures..
if one had to buy a brand and drive it like it comes, man.. no way

Last edited by speedy2; 03-02-2012 at 07:08 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
Hey pete u can go straight to u know what goes there i said it because neobuggy said in these words " heavily modified hotbodies car! Now if you want to discuss the subject further i will be glad to send u my number my friend. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH trick!!!
786-837-9923 feel free too call TRICK
/FORT KNOX RC NYC/IRH RACEWAY/TEAM TIGHT TO THE PIPE RACING/
/TEAM RAMOS/
Pete Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #138
Tech Initiate

Sorry to change the subject,but can someone tell me what happen to the Xtreme RC Cars mag?
Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #139
Tech Rookie

You Know,
I, still can't believe it's not Butter!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #140
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I do not see the issue with this..in fact I applaud HB and Ty for their transparency.....They are showing you a honest picture of the car that was raced, as well as the details on how to make it....This to me shows class and integrity, they are not lying to anyone or pretending to run something they are not.....................This is top level racing, cars will be modified..end of story.....I am just happy to see a top team showing such transparency..major props to them...tho honestly with asshat threads like these I can see why other manufacturers tend to keep their test cars under wraps........Anyways from my perspective people should be thankful that a company and driver are being so honest and straight forward...
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I do not see the issue with this..in fact I applaud HB and Ty for their transparency.....They are showing you a honest picture of the car that was raced, as well as the details on how to make it....This to me shows class and integrity, they are not lying to anyone or pretending to run something they are not.....................This is top level racing, cars will be modified..end of story.....I am just happy to see a top team showing such transparency..major props to them...tho honestly with asshat threads like these I can see why other manufacturers tend to keep their test cars under wraps........Anyways from my perspective people should be thankful that a company and driver are being so honest and straight forward...
I couldn't agree more!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones4012 View Post
+1!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Again...
Its SO Frigin FUnny How people take so Much out of Context.. This was my entertainment for the morning... Nobody Ever said he Cheated, or he wasnt driving a D8 in some form, all that was said is if a car has that many mods on it, is it a miss representation to the average joe Buying it cause they see it won a specific race when he isnt getting that car, just a small percentage of it, that actually won... But I Guess thats the problem, nobody can actually read and understand what they have read anymore... let the Flame war continue..
here comes the next half of my days entertainment
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #144
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
Again...
Its SO Frigin FUnny How people take so Much out of Context.. This was my entertainment for the morning... Nobody Ever said he Cheated, or he wasnt driving a D8 in some form, all that was said is if a car has that many mods on it, is it a miss representation to the average joe Buying it cause they see it won a specific race when he isnt getting that car, just a small percentage of it, that actually won... But I Guess thats the problem, nobody can actually read and understand what they have read anymore... let the Flame war continue..
here comes the next half of my days entertainment
That's with every top sport, look at motocross, I see Honda or yamaha win a supercross or motocross event, but do I expect my bike to be the same, then be able to win or perform like theirs if I buy it brand new, no. They have special parts I can't get my hands on, and their bikes pretty much don't have a stock part on them, where as people can get their hands on parts he used on his D8.
This thread is just nonsense, people need to open their eyes and see that these types of things happen in everything.
honda237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #145
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Can everybody on here just agree that he was using other parts that worked great for him and that he was DIALED the whole race!

I'm so tired of hearing everyone on here act like 3 year olds.

TY did a great job. Everyone should be congratulating the kid instead of picking apart his car......
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #146
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Watch nhra dragracing or nascar. Those cars have gm, ford and pontiac bodies. When they win its listed as for, gm, etc. Nothing on those cars are from either brand but the stickers saying ford or gm. People know they can't go buy a taurus and win a nacar race...they are pros and get spec parts. Watch world superbike gsxr's and r1's. Same thing. Custom everything but win as the base platform...that's being said a d8 won like it or not.
Show2ime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #147
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
This is not a negative article why r u guys taking such an offense to a simple question that has been asked! Damn fellows grow the hell up. One more damn time and I quote! I DO NOT KNOW THE DAMN RULES OF THIS SPORT AS FAR AS MODIFYING SO I ASK FOR THE "pro drivers to clarify the g.d. Rules on doing that! Now I have clearly stated Ty tessman drove a superb race but I just wanted to know how can they meaning HOTBODIES could consider that there buggy with all the mods that were applied to the machine! Some of the guys explained that already and now I understand. I never shot the kid down so get the hell off my back !! Nough said!
To answer your question about modding a car for competition. Yes it is legal. As long as you don't change the dimensions or weight, etc. to the point that your car will not fit the templates at tech inspection. However, ROAR does have rules in place for certain things like electric motors regarding availability to keep the factory teams in check...kind of.

If you are interested in reading more about the rules side I recommend heading over to www.roarracing.com.

It's also important to note that the DNC is not a ROAR sanctioned event but pretty much all the races follow ROAR rules with some tweaks here and there.

For those on the fence about whether or not to try the Lightning D8 Mods. HIGHLY Recommended. Especially the rear end stuff. Super cheap to install and it really does make the car about 100000000% better. Besides driving ability, the Tessmans are really cool people and very innovative with their setups and car prep.

Airtronics | Associated | DE Racing | Mugen | Hot Bodies | Kyosho | Novarossi | Savox | Schumacher | TOP Racing | Tamiya and more!
JoeNolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #148
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

First of all Ty made it look easy from all the vids I've seen. When it looks easy, that's when you know the pros are flying. Everyone else except for maybe Maifield looked like they were overdriving their cars to keep up with Ty and Maifield. Big difference is that Ty hardly ever made a mistake which means less chance of breaking.

Here's my question, and I'm NOT saying Ty's car was guilty of this, but how do you feel about pros that are sponsored by certain companies modifying their cars with other companies parts?

As an example, I've been seeing lots of Kyosho parts on pros cars that are sponsored by a different company.
SEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEF View Post
Here's my question, and I'm NOT saying Ty's car was guilty of this, but how do you feel about pros that are sponsored by certain companies modifying their cars with other companies parts?

As an example, I've been seeing lots of Kyosho parts on pros cars that are sponsored by a different company.
I don't have a problem with it, I do it myself. Kyosho UNI axles are great.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #150
Tech Initiate

Maybe there's a latent hatred for some brands here?

Every buggy in the final had it's particular mods. If you could take a look at Mayfield's RC8 or Tebo's MP9 you would see they were dialed for they particular tastes including aftermarket or prototype parts.

And as some people already said, you can see it even in 1/1 racing.

Who has the authority to say some machine is 'stock', 'lightly' or 'heavily' modified? And for what purpose?

If Drake had won using, for instance, Fioroni Parts, I really doubt there would be a thread here asking "Did Drake's 8ight really win DNC" or someone ranting "It's a fraud!Cody King didn't won with an out of the box Kyosho!!!"
eddyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote