R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Traxxas slayer Question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/603714-traxxas-slayer-question.html)

krazykev 02-27-2012 07:08 PM

Traxxas slayer Question

i got two questions
#1 where is the battery on the truck its self
#2 the truck runs for about 1/2 its tank and dies no weird sounds just quits what could be wrong?
i have been running traxxas fuel
i cleaned out the air filter after every tank / run
idk can some one help me im new in nitro :deathstar

nitroexpress 02-27-2012 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by krazykev (Post 10392414)
i got two questions
#1 where is the battery on the truck its self
#2 the truck runs for about 1/2 its tank and dies no weird sounds just quits what could be wrong?
i have been running traxxas fuel
i cleaned out the air filter after every tank / run
idk can some one help me im new in nitro :deathstar

Maybe it's running too lean. This could cause it to run hot and vapor lock the carb. TRX engines are known to vapor lock. Don't run Traxxas fuel. Anyhing but Traxxas fuel.

Bansh88 02-27-2012 07:15 PM

I'm fairly new too. Slayer is almost identical to the Revo which is my first car.
Battery will be underneath the receiver and servo wiring. Remove the lid and look. Charge point will be underneath car. I assume its same as Revo and will have a charge port.
You should not be having to clean filter after every tank.
Make sure the truck battery is charged fully and your radio batteries are good.
After the 1/2 tank death, will it start back up?

Bansh88 02-27-2012 07:18 PM

The main needle, the big one that faces up: Turn it to the the left, half a turn. run it that way, see how it goes. That gives it a bit more fuel.

krazykev 02-27-2012 07:30 PM

i forgot to mention that it takes a while to start some time it wont even try to start

nitroexpress 02-27-2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by krazykev (Post 10392546)
i forgot to mention that it takes a while to start some time it wont even try to start

Won't start when it is cold or after a run?

If after it is hot, that sounds like a sign of vapor lock. When it's stopped, use cleaner spray on the outside of the carb to cool it. Then try to start it again.

krazykev 02-27-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bansh88 (Post 10392478)
The main needle, the big one that faces up: Turn it to the the left, half a turn. run it that way, see how it goes. That gives it a bit more fuel.

i did this it already starts up so much better i cant run it because its 10 pm :ha:
but it sounds well

FormulaOfSpeed 02-27-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by nitroexpress (Post 10392455)
Maybe it's running too lean. This could cause it to run hot and vapor lock the carb. TRX engines are known to vapor lock. Don't run Traxxas fuel. Anyhing but Traxxas fuel.

traxxas really that bad? i run it in my GT (os 18) its what my closest hobby shop carries, and i wanted gas now

it runs great tho:nod: but i also know how to tune a nitro,lol

FormulaOfSpeed 02-27-2012 08:41 PM

for the op, it could be so lean its not getting enough gas, or it could be so rich its choking itself till it dies. just gotta go off sound