R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Ty Tessmann Dirt Nitro Challenge Double

Well done to Ty for the double win in the buggy and truggy class, Im sure that hot bodies are extremely happy and with Jesse Robbers 2nd in buggy as well the week end has been bitter sweet, well done and god bless

- Sam's Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/savagexsam -
savagesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagesam View Post
Well done to Ty for the double win in the buggy and truggy class, Im sure that hot bodies are extremely happy and with Jesse Robbers 2nd in buggy as well the week end has been bitter sweet, well done and god bless
Congratulations to Mr Ty Tessman on winning Buggy and Truggy at the FIRST Big Race of the year. Everyone needs to watch out for this kid at the Worlds.. He is really coming into this game..
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes the kid is coming into his own but whats up with hb tessman with franked out d8 who knows whats on that thing and robbers running the cr8
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I think people are getting ready for the Worlds. I would bet there are many parts getting testing to start the season. Also whats wrong with trying new stuff and winning....
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Anyone know what al the mods are he has.. This was posted on neo-buggy in therre write up " So a Hot Bodies 1,2 but with a heavily modified D8 TQ’ing and winning"

I found this in the DB thread... "Ty was running a teckno Chassis'd Lightning rear shocked contraption" Thne it says he used a Lightning frankenstein front end set up as well..?? Dont know what that means.. Its a great win but with a car that is that heavily modded I dont think it says much for the stock car for sale to the average guy
Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

First off, congrats to Ty for doubling down against the best guys in the World.

I know, first off, how the whole "modified car" thing goes when it comes to guys who are factory backed. The same thing happens in touring car, albeit nowhere near as in depth of changes. All the Losi guys ran modified cars (hence the secrecy of photos), Ty's D8 being pretty modded out, and who knows what else other manufacturers were doing. Look at it as a progress for all the manufacturers. AE ran countless versions of the RC8 during testing, the Worlds, and races afterwards before releasing the 8.2, which has really improved their game and they sold a TON of cars. The same is going to happen to all the companies that keep changes coming and improvements to their cars. When things go stale for car manufacturers, they lose business. Both the Losi and D8 have been out for such a long time that everybody knows the cars need work to compete at the highest level possible. I welcome these changes and can't wait to see what gets released to the public.

I also love seeing the young guns put up the fight against everybody and Ty deserves those wins. Congrats to him and his family for a great effort.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
Anyone know what al the mods are he has.. This was posted on neo-buggy in therre write up " So a Hot Bodies 1,2 but with a heavily modified D8 TQing and winning"

I found this in the DB thread... "Ty was running a teckno Chassis'd Lightning rear shocked contraption" Thne it says he used a Lightning frankenstein front end set up as well..?? Dont know what that means.. Its a great win but with a car that is that heavily modded I dont think it says much for the stock car for sale to the average guy
It's called improving the product. All major players test and evaluate using their team drivers. AE comes to mind. Be glad that HB is striving to stay at the front.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
It's called improving the product. All major players test and evaluate using their team drivers. AE comes to mind. Be glad that HB is striving to stay at the front.
Wow, why is everyone being so defensive.. Its agreat win, he is a great driver I was just saying for someone who thought about buying the car that seeing/reading about all the mods to his I wouldnt buy it in its current form
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
Anyone know what al the mods are he has.. This was posted on neo-buggy in therre write up " So a Hot Bodies 1,2 but with a heavily modified D8 TQing and winning"

If you look the the D8 thread you will see Ty has posted alot of what he has done with the car. Lightening'd out means he is using A-arms from the HB Lightening, along with some other bits.. ONly Ty could truelly tell you what all is going on with it though..