i Need your advice for Buggy ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i Need your advice for Buggy ..

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR buggy. Best bang for your buck, for what you get. Was chatting with a guy at the track last year who has one, he's had no complaints with it thus far. To get a reasonably race-ready 1/8 scale buggy with electronics (very decent radio) and motor, as well as a starter box, all for around $700. Pretty hard to beat. It also has a ton of hop-ups available for it.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If money really not a problem mate and you really want the good stuff, I would recommend you Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2. The quality of this buggy and its parts is amazing. You can consider upgrading the parts (check out amain or infernoonly or absolutehobbyz, they will show you the optional parts). I can tell you the optional items I bought if you are interested to get this buggy. Change all your hinge pins and turn buckles to titanium. Change all the screws to titanium too.

For your servos, go with KO Propo RSX Response HC and Power HC. For your engine, go with OS Speed 21XZ-B with T-2060SC tune pipe. For your clutch, get the BUKU clutch which will allow you to fine tune your clutch.

For the tire, go with AKA tires with EVO wheels with inserts. Get a few sets. Check out with tires suit your track better.

For your transmitter get FUTABA 4PK. For your starter box, get the OFNA Buggy/Truggy starter box. For your glow starter get the Hobbico Hot Shot 2. For the battery, get the LIFE battery that will fit your buggy battery compartment.

Since you playing on sand, your need a bag to carry all your stuff, recommend. Twintip http://www.redrc.net/2010/10/twintip...700-carry-bag/

For your tools, get Hudy. Btw, rumor that Kyosho will be coming out with a revised version of MP9 but you can always buy this and get the revised one later and use that for your racing and upgrade your current TKI to the new one and use that for your training.

This is crazy stuff but if you want good stuff, those are the good stuff.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zao18
+1 on the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR buggy. Best bang for your buck, for what you get. Was chatting with a guy at the track last year who has one, he's had no complaints with it thus far. To get a reasonably race-ready 1/8 scale buggy with electronics (very decent radio) and motor, as well as a starter box, all for around $700. Pretty hard to beat. It also has a ton of hop-ups available for it.
I do recommend buying another start box, its really a piece of junk. It will get it started, but I am so much happier with my new box. Also good idea to buy some good savox servos to have around when Losi breaks, or replace them right away. High voltage servos are a good way to go, and then you could get a Lipo for your receiver box for around $20 that gives you much more battery life, plus much higher speed and torque.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PrestonG
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is an awesome bargain and a great buggy. I have launched mine into walls without anything breaking. Its also a very popular one for racing, and the RTR engine is a great engine, the radio is top notch, and the telemetry is a nice bonus. I have yet to break anything on it, which is pretty amazing because its been doing cartwheels..
thank you for your comment your point view is great and in option .. thank you
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Zao18
thank you very much i really undertaking thins advice as an other option Losi is hitting the money vs value ..

thaank you very much buddy ..
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
If money really not a problem mate and you really want the good stuff, I would recommend you Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2. The quality of this buggy and its parts is amazing. You can consider upgrading the parts (check out amain or infernoonly or absolutehobbyz, they will show you the optional parts). I can tell you the optional items I bought if you are interested to get this buggy. Change all your hinge pins and turn buckles to titanium. Change all the screws to titanium too.

For your servos, go with KO Propo RSX Response HC and Power HC. For your engine, go with OS Speed 21XZ-B with T-2060SC tune pipe. For your clutch, get the BUKU clutch which will allow you to fine tune your clutch.

For the tire, go with AKA tires with EVO wheels with inserts. Get a few sets. Check out with tires suit your track better.

For your transmitter get FUTABA 4PK. For your starter box, get the OFNA Buggy/Truggy starter box. For your glow starter get the Hobbico Hot Shot 2. For the battery, get the LIFE battery that will fit your buggy battery compartment.

Since you playing on sand, your need a bag to carry all your stuff, recommend. Twintip.(link)

For your tools, get Hudy. Btw, rumor that Kyosho will be coming out with a revised version of MP9 but you can always buy this and get the revised one later and use that for your racing and upgrade your current TKI to the new one and use that for your training.

This is crazy stuff but if you want good stuff, those are the good stuff.

here i think i need cup of coffee while reading your greatest feedback, as we say here in kuwait (you touch the pain place) means you are talking about something i really like, but not expert in parts or ware to buy, your topic is really interesting specially the modification that you talk bout, MP9 TKI2 is really good because i dont think i will stay bashing forever i might do some racing in future so this body will stay with replacing the parts though.
i need the buggy to be tough and resisting, i saw many Vids about the kyosho RC Cars jumping high and fall with no problems or less problems this is my issue .. also i need advive with engine advice for off-road ..

mate thank you very much and appreciating any other feedback from you and other members ..
Cheers mate ..
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PrestonG
I do recommend buying another start box, its really a piece of junk. It will get it started, but I am so much happier with my new box. Also good idea to buy some good savox servos to have around when Losi breaks, or replace them right away. High voltage servos are a good way to go, and then you could get a Lipo for your receiver box for around $20 that gives you much more battery life, plus much higher speed and torque.
thank you again, i believe the the Losi is good other option .. your advice is great and waiting more feedback ..
Old 02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YOUSF
thank you again, i believe the the Losi is good other option .. your advice is great and waiting more feedback ..
anytime
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

drstrangelove ..

Dear friend am really thinking to collect this parts with the kit but could you please post some link that i can buy the kit with the parts online .. i want to see the cost and delivery time to kuwait ..

Regards ..
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you live near Kuwait City, I would really try to visit that race track. Ordering online is convenient, but nothing is better than help from a hobby shop, or fellow racer when learning this hobby.

Have fun, I really enjoy this hobby.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Agree on this. +1

Originally Posted by jgroenhof
If you live near Kuwait City, I would really try to visit that race track. Ordering online is convenient, but nothing is better than help from a hobby shop, or fellow racer when learning this hobby.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jgroenhof

thank you & and you are totally right, but some time shops not tell truth coz they want to sell there product's not all i mean some .. and some racers might be racist to there brand they like also some not all .. but i still like to hear from every one to come in good choice ..
Old 02-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Mate.

Below are the URL where you can purchase the buggy. But do note. Check your local hobby store to see if they carry them.

Also, this buggy are kit which mean, you have to build them yourself. It takes effort to work on them but if you want to get serious with this hobby, it's best you start with kit rather than those RTR (Ready To Run) version. You will get to know every single parts that make up a complete buggy.

Check out on youtube for tutorials. There are tons of tutorials there to help you. Things like how to build a shock, how to build a differential, how to glue your tire and how to break your engine, how to tune your engine and many more. Those shown there might not be your buggy parts but they are all the same, i.e. the basic is the same.

VERY IMPORTANT, make sure you have a friend who are familiar with buggy to help you out too. Best if you can go to your local track and make friends there and get their advise.

I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT just go to your local hobby store and ask them for advise. Most will get you to buy something that benefit their business rather than you.

Kyosho Inferno TKI2
https://www.amainhobbies.com/advance...31785B&x=0&y=0

You can consider upgrading this:-

1) Kyosho Big Bore Shock Piston - KYOIF347-138
Per packet there are 2, you need 4 so purchase 2 packets. This is what the pro use (the stock one is vented which is not recommended)

2) Kyosho 84mm Front/Center CVD - KYOIFW421

3) Kyosho 110mm Rear/Center CVD - KYOIFW422

4) Kysoho 93mm Universal Swing Shaft (2) - KYOIFW404
(Per packed there are 2, you need 4 so purchase 2 packets)

5) Kyosho Hard Front Upper Arm Set (Revised) - KYOIF428B
For this item, it's up to you if you want to buy them. The revised one is supposed to be harder and stronger.

6) Kyosho SP Muffler Pressure Tube - KYO92214
This one for you to connect from your tune pipe to your fuel box

7) This is for your servo horn. Use this only if you decide to by the KO Propo servo

RBOR17011R Robitronic Machined Aluminum Double Sided Servo Horn (Stepped) (Red) (23T-JR/Airtronics/KO)

RBOR17001 Robitronic Machined Aluminum Single Sided Servo Horn (Red) (23T-JR/Airtronics/KO)

8) Kyosho Forward Mounted Receiver Battery Kit (TKI2 WC) - KYOIFW423
This is to move your battery from back to front for better CG. Those with WC are for the World Cup version.

9) Kyosho 17mm Wheel Hubs (Gunmetal) - KYOIFW107GM

10) Kyosho 2mm Offset Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (Gunmetal) - KYOIFW414

11) Kyosho Front Lower WC Suspension Arm Set - KYOIF427B
This is to replace the stock lower arm to the world cup version.

12) Kyosho 48T Spur' Gear - KYOIF410-48

13) Lunsford Kyosho MP9 Titanium Turnbuckle & Hinge Pin Kit - LNS4245
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=4417
Titanium are lighter thus making your buggy lighter than the stock one. It's up to you to decide if you want to buy this.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Servo

1) KO Propo 30100 "RSx Response H.C." High Speed Digital Servo (Hard Case) (Li-Poly Compatible) - KOP30100

2) KO Propo 30101 "RSx Power H.C." High Torque Digital Servo (Hard Case) (Li-Poly Compatible) - KOP30101

-------------------------------------------------------------
Engine

1) O.S. Speed 21XZ-B V-Spec Tuned Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine - OSM12186

2) O.S. T-2060SC WN One Piece Tuned Pipe With Manifold (Welded Nipple) - OSM72106135

If I miss anything, I will update here. But do note. Post on the Kyosho thread and ask for advise. Those guys there will be happy to help you out. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...p9-thread.html

This Kyosho buggy is not cheap mate so if you are afraid and want to try a cheaper kit.

Mugen
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tion-Buggy-Kit

LOSI
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tion-Buggy-Kit
Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Rookie

drstrangelove

i want to thank you for all this topic i know it hard to collect the information with links and i really appreciate all your time to do this, am now reading and searching and thinking ..

its so helpful

My best regard mate ..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey YOUSF,

Great to see more Kuwaitis interested in racing

Am a racer but don't worry I ain't racist LOL and most shop owners are legit and won't BS just to sell you parts!

Give me a call on Monday, I'll be at the track. Drop by and see how we do things over here you can reach me @ 67676737 Ali

Cheers

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.