Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR to Race Roller Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR to Race Roller Conversion

Well I finished upgrading the RTR and now it's more like the kit version. It was good experience taking the thing completely apart and reassembling. I learned a lot and next time I will be able to do it much faster.

Here is a list of what was swapped in or otherwise worked on...for now going to run the 454 until it dies then go with a Werks B5:

Tuned flex chassis
Skid plates and mud guards
Shock towers including V2
Aluminum servo arm
Aluminum servo saver top
Lightweight 48T spur
Aluminum shock caps w/ bladders
Hard Anodized wheel hexes
RE10 exhaust
Clutch & springs
Losi wheel nuts
Rebuilt all diffs
New shock oil weights
New bearings
Turbo head

So far just one tank through it to loosen up the rear diff, it is a little better but still a little too tight. Can't wait to try this setup out at the track. I even put on my new airbrushed Punisher body and it looks great. I think it is going to be loads of fun.

I think I got everything - except maybe to add the adjustable hinge pins later on. Anything else that will make a noticeable difference that I may have forgotten?

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Here it is...

Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

nice looking body you have on. is it from j concepts? if it is, a word of advise is to have it strengthen with shoe goo. i had the same body and it cracked on the first day. the losi stock body is by far one of the thickest for the car. haven't tried proline's yet though.

one of the most important things to change from RTR to RR which is often overlooked is the shock shaft and the hinge pins. They are made out of stronger material and coated with titanium nitride. It can be easily identified by the gold colour vs. silver on the RTR.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nice looking truggy!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Losimoe
nice looking body you have on. is it from j concepts? if it is, a word of advise is to have it strengthen with shoe goo. i had the same body and it cracked on the first day. the losi stock body is by far one of the thickest for the car. haven't tried proline's yet though.

one of the most important things to change from RTR to RR which is often overlooked is the shock shaft and the hinge pins. They are made out of stronger material and coated with titanium nitride. It can be easily identified by the gold colour vs. silver on the RTR.
Thanks for the advice. I have used Shoo Goo and the duratrax reinforcing tape to repair other bodies so I have plenty of that. Where do you suggest I apply it? I am thinking around the holes for sure but anywhere else that it is prone to cracking? I can use the tape with the Shoo Goo or just the Goo - any tips on that? Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joey91473
Nice looking truggy!
Thanks a lot bro - wish I could airbrush like these guys. But I know someone who exchanges airbrush skill for cash LOL. I am good at cutting them out though! And I am one heck of a decal putter onner LOL.